Haleiwa Surf Contest Ukes

costaricadave

Reaction score
Cool shot of some old school Surf Legends. They surfed in the Haleiwa Triple Crown event this last week in the Clash of the Legends. Cool Prizes. Can't tell what make the Ukes are. Maybe Kala??556714_171777469633710_694307032_n.jpg

Joe Green, part time builder and owner of Haleiwa's most successful surf shop, "Surf and Sea", made those and has been doing the triple crown ukes for a few years now. His store just runs itself already and he spends more time building ukes in his garage. Super nice guy.

Nice! I remember seeing last year they gave some ukes out and I was stoked to see them again this season. Wish I could have made it over for the surf season this year. I have a new baby coming in a few weeks. Planning on being there next year for Nov/Dec contest season. I'll be sure to stop by and see you guys. It's been a few years since I've been on the North Shore. I used to spend almost every Nov-Feb on the island.

Nice! I remember seeing last year they gave some ukes out and I was stoked to see them again this season. Wish I could have made it over for the surf season this year. I have a new baby coming in a few weeks. Planning on being there next year for Nov/Dec contest season. I'll be sure to stop by and see you guys. It's been a few years since I've been on the North Shore. I used to spend almost every Nov-Feb on the island.

Congratulations. Definitely worth missing some waves for that. Very cool though that you charge the NS, gets pretty intense. Next year it is. Good motivation to stay in shape:D aloha

I used to be into the whole contest thing pretty heavy. Getting older now...haha...Still friends with a lot of the guys on the NS. I get to see some of them when they come through Costa. Next season!!! We'll catch some waves, have a beer and strum some tunes!!

Top Bottom