If I were to sell cordoba 20tm-ce

yodamaster155

Reaction score
How much is this ukulele worth? It is in pristine condition and I ordered it from HMS in July. The ukulele's sound is just too bright for me and was looking at getting a new one or even trading for a uke of similar value. I have only played the ukulele for about 3 hours.

It's hard to say what the market will want, and it depends on how long you're willing to wait and how generous you want to be and all that. You could try at 10%-20% off and see where that goes. Don't be surprised if the market says more like 40-50% off.

If your Cordoba still has the Aquila strings on it you can change those to a mellower set like Worth Brown Mediums or Ko'olau Golds. I have Fremont Blacklines on mine, that I like, but they aren't quiet or mellow.
Edstrummer.

I agree with Ed. Try some different strings. Martins are usually available locally. For $6 it would be worth (pun) trying out.

There was a thread here recently in which there was a pretty lively discussion about how to price a used ukulele. I've been unable to find it using various search terms, but maybe someone who posted in that thread and remembers where it is will see this thread and post a link to the other thread.

I have to agree with edstrummer and vanflynn - try different strings before you jettison the ukulele. I was also going to suggest Worth Browns as a first option.

I know when I put Worth Clear strings on my Vita Uke, the sound was immediately more mellow, without losing volume.

If your Cordoba still has the Aquila strings on it you can change those to a mellower set like Worth Brown Mediums or Ko'olau Golds. I have Fremont Blacklines on mine, that I like, but they aren't quiet or mellow.
Edstrummer.

I agree with Ed. Try some different strings. Martins are usually available locally. For $6 it would be worth (pun) trying out.

-Kurt​

I have some d'adarrios j71 coming in, how are they compared to stock aquilas?

If I were selling it, I would say $140 shipped CONUS ($15 shipping, so you make $125)
But keep in mind you are really new and people are hesitant to buy from really new members.
Take a ton of pictures (Make sure they have the UU market sign with name and date), have sound samples and video
this is my :2cents:

I have some d'adarrios j71 coming in, how are they compared to stock aquilas?

Good choice, they will certainly sound mellower and warmer than the Aquilas.
They're my favourite strings for a mellow, pleasant tone.

But do let them settle in first - they don't sound their best when brand new. After a week or 2 of stretching, their tone really comes out.

Edstrummer.

:agree: Big mistake to sell it if it has Aquilas on it. I bought a used one and couldn't take them off soon enough. It was horribly/brashly "bright." It's not the uke, it's the strings. I put some Hilo low g's on it....sweet, mellow, loud. Lots of great strings out there to mellow it out. A really great sounding uke for the money.

Good choice, they will certainly sound mellower and warmer than the Aquilas.
They're my favourite strings for a mellow, pleasant tone.

But do let them settle in first - they don't sound their best when brand new. After a week or 2 of stretching, their tone really comes out.

thanks for the info, I'll let them settle once I get them and decide

Top Bottom