What Song Will you play for Thanksgiving,

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just Wanted to wish all of you a happy thanksgiving and a nice day
with your families...:) MM Stan

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Stan. And everyone here at the UU. There is always lots to be thankful for.

Regardless of when Thanksgiving is in the country you reside, let's be thankful

Regardless of when Thanksgiving is in the country you reside, let's be thankful

It's a US-only holiday. Friends and my husband can't really relate to why it sucks so hard. You're supposed to call home, and no one wants to talk to you because they're so busy. But it's a scandal if you don't call... so it's the most isolating of the holidays for expats. Sure there are expat associations who throw something together. But it's not about the food. Christmas is different, everyone has their own traditions, but Thanksgiving is US-only (and maybe Canada who does it on a different day.).

Yes, the Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October (the American Columbus Day). My Canadian friends in St. Louis celebrate twice. In any event, let's all give thanks and at least have a nice weekend even if it's not a special one!

Happy Thanksgiving Stan! I have no specific song in mind right now, but I will play quite a few today. Now which ukuleles do I take with me? I think #855, my LoPrinzi baritone and my KoAloha long neck soprano. That should cover all the bases! Low G, DGBE and high g.
:nana: Gobble, Gobble!

Happy thanks giving Stan and to all the wonderful peeps i have encountered on this glorious forum, save a turkey leg for me :drool:
Have a great day of festivities everyone across the pond, all the best from me :)

Aloha and Happy Thanksgiving Stan.

Before the feast my song will be "Ain't to proud to beg" and after it will be "Comfortably Numb"

Have a great one!

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

I'll be playing Buddy Holly's "Peggy Sue" (which I'm learning for the 40th Season of the Ukulele) and I'll relax after dinner with some Hawaiian music from Chas Hopkins' "Aloha Collection of Hawaiian Songs".

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
smiley_turkey_gobble.gif

I'm working on Loving You Has Made Me Bananas, by Guy Marks.

I guess I'll be playing that. Over and Over.

I try to find something, however small, to be thankful for every day, but I like that Thanksgiving Day invites us to think about our own personal bounties and those of our family and friends, to think about our place in our families, our communities and the world, to think about what's really important and what we could do without if we had to, and to think about how we can contribute, on a daily basis, to making the world a better place for those we encounter, even if it's just a smile and a "thank you" to the people who sell us stuff at the corner store or who open a door for us. I hope everyone accepts this invitation to contemplate your own world and your place in it. As someone who's grateful for all the great people I've met here, the support I've gotten, both directly and indirectly, to pursue my musical muse through ukulele and even tenor guitar, and the joy of sharing my music journey with all of you, I wish you all a very happy (and contemplative) Thanksgiving, and a year filled with something, however small, to be thankful for every day.

I'm not sure what songs I'll play today that I might not play on any other day, but I've discovered there aren't enough Thanksgiving-specific songs, so maybe we should all write some....

I try to find something, however small, to be thankful for every day, but I like that Thanksgiving Day invites us to think about our own personal bounties and those of our family and friends, to think about our place in our families, our communities and the world, to think about what's really important and what we could do without if we had to, and to think about how we can contribute, on a daily basis, to making the world a better place for those we encounter, even if it's just a smile and a "thank you" to the people who sell us stuff at the corner store or who open a door for us. I hope everyone accepts this invitation to contemplate your own world and your place in it. As someone who's grateful for all the great people I've met here, the support I've gotten, both directly and indirectly, to pursue my musical muse through ukulele and even tenor guitar, and the joy of sharing my music journey with all of you, I wish you all a very happy (and contemplative) Thanksgiving, and a year filled with something, however small, to be thankful for every day.

I'm not sure what songs I'll play today that I might not play on any other day, but I've discovered there aren't enough Thanksgiving-specific songs, so maybe we should all write some....

Well put, Mark, and happy Thanksgiving to you, Stan, and everybody else. I imagine I'll continue playing my entire repertoire of three songs well into the evening, in anticipation of the massive hangover that I'll incur tomorrow, just like every year; so it goes...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, enjoy your holiday and hopefully lots of sweet family time.

In honour of y'all I'll be playing "I Like Bananas 'Cause They Have No Bones" :p

"Turkey in the straw" maybe?

Sorry if I came off as gruff earlier. It's always been a tough day, ever since moving here. But I'm generally thankful in general, and earlier this week I got to be thankful in particular for the reason I'm here to begin with. We had our 14th anniversary earlier this week. :)

It's a US-only holiday. Friends and my husband can't really relate to why it sucks so hard. You're supposed to call home, and no one wants to talk to you because they're so busy. But it's a scandal if you don't call... so it's the most isolating of the holidays for expats. Sure there are expat associations who throw something together. But it's not about the food. Christmas is different, everyone has their own traditions, but Thanksgiving is US-only (and maybe Canada who does it on a different day.).

I'm sorry you are missing it, but 14 years of marriage shows that you gave it up for someone you are compatible with. I had to be in Italy one Thanksgiving, away from my wife and daughters. I found a bar that showed the US football games (at about 3 AM) and served turkey sandwiches. Watched football with about 150 Americans, including two female art majors who had never cared about football and only showed up to feel like they were home. So you might find some fun.

Tonight's impromptu set list:

Moon River*
Dream On
Call Me Maybe
If I Had A Hammer*
Sea Of Love
Englishman In New York
Jingle Bells*
Jingle Bell Rock*
All Of Me
With Or Without You

* by request of Our friend Lili, age 5.