Two Of Us - Beatles Cover

erivel

Reaction score
My brother is visiting this week and we got a chance to make a video today. The camera died as we were filming, but luckily I had my Edirol capturing the audio. We just added some pics and video he took of me and my daughter to fill in the space. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice job on a great old song!

Great job!

Love the Lawrence Hall of Science. I miss the dinosaur exhibit almost as much as my son does.

That's fab, my friend. Your brother's a good uke player, too. And the photos of you and your daughter are as precious as the sunset by the Golden Gate Bridge.

Observations: I can appreciate that you and your brother were not playing the same chords simultaneously--that adds to the aural depth of the piece. I can't tell if it's explained by his being a baritone, but it looks like his is a tenor, and the different chords are deliberate... Bosko and Honey do that technique effectively, too. Nice.

Also, you sure are good at the twiddly picking parts, just as you did in "Just The Two Of Us". I think listeners always, subconsciously, judge a songs accuracy by the picking interludes. "Did he nail the twiddly parts?" Here you certainly did, just as you did in Black Coffee In Bed, and the exemplary beginning to The Partridge Family theme (#2 version). You have a genuine knack for that.
(since Eric doesn't mind his vids being public, I'll give a linked example for y'all just getting up on his vibe: check this out at 1:30min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvedEX8CKHA One word for this degree of authenticity: goosepimples)

See, someone really is paying attention, E. -- Steve

Last edited:
Sounds great! :)

That's fab, my friend. Your brother's a good uke player, too. And the photos of you and your daughter are as precious as the sunset by the Golden Gate Bridge.

Observations: I can appreciate that you and your brother were not playing the same chords simultaneously--that adds to the aural depth of the piece. I can't tell if it's explained by his being a baritone, but it looks like his is a tenor, and the different chords are deliberate... Bosko and Honey do that technique effectively, too. Nice.

Also, you sure are good at the twiddly picking parts, just as you did in "Just The Two Of Us". I think listeners always, subconsciously, judge a songs accuracy by the picking interludes. "Did he nail the twiddly parts?" Here you certainly did, just as you did in Black Coffee In Bed, and the exemplary beginning to The Partridge Family theme (#2 version). You have a genuine knack for that.
(since Eric doesn't mind his vids being public, I'll give a linked example for y'all just getting up on his vibe: check this out at 1:30min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvedEX8CKHA One word for this degree of authenticity: goosepimples)

See, someone really is paying attention, E. -- Steve

Thanks for paying attention Steve :) My bro is playing my baritone tuned DGBE, hence the different chord shapes.

Eric - great cover, man - excellent arrangement and y'all really nail it.... nothing like family harmony..... The photo montage is just right, too.

Been away for a few weeks, just unplugged from the ether for a short break - this is the perfect way to get back into the Underground. Good stuff....

Eric - great cover, man - excellent arrangement and y'all really nail it.... nothing like family harmony..... The photo montage is just right, too.

Been away for a few weeks, just unplugged from the ether for a short break - this is the perfect way to get back into the Underground. Good stuff....

Welcome back Bill and thanks for the nice comments!

Top Bottom