active loudspeaker

1300cc

Reaction score
just bought a behringer mixer q1002usb , im not sure which speaker i should buy. i want to use it for karaoke for home use and plugging in an electric ukulele but other times i want to do recording as well. i am thinking of the behringer b210d but i was told it is not good for recording. any dj guru member here?

The b210d are really good speakers for playing music looooud :) Perfect for parties and gigs. But for recording you're better off with studio monitors that have a flat response so you can hear exactly what it is you're recording without some frequencies being artificially boosted (same goes for headphones). These work fine for karaoke etc as well (although you might want to add some reverb to the mic to give people are more "karaoke" sound). If you want to stick with Behringer - very good brand - they have a list on their website here (click on "studio monitors").

ty for replying.....i hoped you dont mind if i ask more question i am completely new to this dj mixer........so any studio monitors will do. .....what brand of mic condensor you cn recommend......and reverb brand.....oh cs i start on one speaker first it just not enough budget yet and i want to buy a good brand but not too expensive one....

ty for replying.....i hoped you dont mind if i ask more question i am completely new to this dj mixer........so any studio monitors will do. .....what brand of mic condensor you cn recommend......and reverb brand.....oh cs i start on one speaker first it just not enough budget yet and i want to buy a good brand but not too expensive one....

Em, tbh I haven't bought nor browsed new recording equipment in a long time, so I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to current models.

For mic models perhaps you could browse through the subforum? I remember seeing a few posts about mics that are particularly good for recording ukes (if that's what you're looking for - if it's to talk over a DJ mix, a dynamic mic might be better suited). In general, AKG mics are pretty good but there are so many options, it also depends very much what kind of sound you're after.

Reverb-wise, it all depends on what kind of set-up you aim to get (DJ? karaoke? home recording studio?), what form-factor you want (pedal? rack? table-top? incorporated in an amp or mixer?) and what your budget is etc. Same advice about browsing the forum if you're looking for something for the uke specifically. I use a Danelectro tape delay pedal sometimes with my Peanut or the effects on my mixer or the ones on my roland mini amp, but I haven't tried it with acoustic uke sounds. For DJing, again it depends very much on your set-up.

It's always best to test these things yourself by going to an audio shop and ask for help there, as taste for these kind of things can vary greatly from one person to another.

Hope I could be of some help.

Good luck!

Top Bottom