41st Season of the Ukulele: Come On Baby, Light My Fire

mattydee

Reaction score
This past week, my wife and I installed a gas fireplace and the gods, in their wisdom, turned on fireplace weather two days later: it went from 60 F to 29 overnight.

image.jpg

So, in honor of the fireplace, and fireplace weather, this week's challenge is songs about fire, literal and/or metaphorical. Just a mention of the word is not enough. We're looking for the spirit of the challenge. That said, songs about burning and flames may work even without the word 'fire'.

Bonus tracks can just mention the word, or be about the cold cold winter to come.

PARAMETERS:
* Your song must be about fire, literal and/or metaphorical.
* One continuous take, Ukulele front and center, no overdubs...
* The clip must be new for this contest. Please state in your clip that the recording is for the "41st season of the ukulele"
* Multiple versions of the same song are OK. Your first post will count as the official entry unless otherwise stated.

JUDGING CRITERIA:
points awarded in the following criteria:
* Playing
* Singing
* Setting - sound, costume, lighting, background
* Performance: (camera presence; personality; creative flair; x-factor etc...)
* Bonus points may be awarded for various clever additions, renditions, positions. So you know, be cool. Or hot.

JUDGES: Well, that's me. If it comes down to it, I will enlist my wife's help for tie breaks.

DEADLINE: 11:59 PM HAWAII TIME, SUNDAY DEC 2nd.

PRIZES:
1ST PLACE: Choice of a Planet Waves string winder, rhythm ring shaker, or a Snark tuner.
2ND PLACE: Choice of remaining prizes after first place
3RD PLACE: Remaining prize

Have fun!

Playlists:
Official Entries
Bonus Tracks

Last edited:
Ooooh, oooh, I've got such an idea for a mashup on this...hope I can find time to work it up and record it...danged payin' job is killing me right now...

John

I was expecting some U2 from you, Wim.

And another bonus Fire by U2 (from one of their early Albums called October):
Hey man, you're burning the candle by both sides... (I translate a french sentence, I don't know if there is the same in english ?in french it is "brûler la chandelle par les deux bouts")
;-)))

Hey man, you're burning the candle by both sides... (I translate a french sentence, I don't know if there is the same in english ?in french it is "brûler la chandelle par les deux bouts")
;-)))

I think it should be burning the candle at both ends? If you are referring to the fire on my laptop, it's suppose to be a fireplace so burning wood on both end is normally no issue :D.

This was the first song that popped into my twisted mind when Matt announced this week's theme. Thanks for an interesting week brother. Hoping I can dig up a few more left field tunes later in the week. Anyway, this is a song by one of my fave songwriters - John Darnielle of the Mountain Goats. It's based on the character of Michael Myers from the slasher-flick Halloween.

Hey eugene - I really liked that one.
xommen, you aren't going to do ALL the flaming songs are you?:)
Still choosing mine. Trying to 'do a eugene' and do a lesser known one.

Top Bottom