Island Bazaar

Spuash

Reaction score
So i had to go to Island Bazaar on my way home (OC) from school (santa barbara) and i went in to et some strings and have them changed. it was one of the coolest places i've ever been (in Uke terms). with Ukes lining the walls and with Hawaiian stuff everywhere i was like a kid in a candy store.. all i wanted to do was snatch down all the Kala's the Pono's the Kamakas and just PLAY THEM ALLL!!!.. it was awesome. this thread has no real "purpose" except to express my amazement and love for island Bazaar and that it is awesome..

also i wish i could've stayed for the tuesday night Hawaiian jam but sadly i had to get home and see my mom.. well not sadly i love my mom, but you get it.

i recomend everybody who will ever pass through huntinton beach CA, check them out..

http://www.islandbazaarhb.com/

:music:

Here's a vid from the UU Cali Tour and one of the places they played was Island Bazaar. Needless to say, it was sold out . . . Here's another thread. By any chance, did you get to meet Sally (aka salukulady)?

well, I don't live there.....haha! Shirley is the owner and Dan is her right hand man. Your right, Spuash, they have an incredible store. Please everyone, if your considering purchasing a uke, please visit Island Bazaar. We need to keep them in business. Their store provides so much more than ukuleles to our community, we really are a family.
http://www.ukuleleparadise.com/

yeah the place was amazing. i went in on tuesday night and it was Hawaiian uke aming night. it was nice to see such a big group of uke players of all ages come in and play. i met dan, he helped me change my strings.

Been there a coupe of times and met both Dan and Shirley. Dan was very helpful and answered all my noobie questions with a smile. I went in to get strings and Dan even put them on while teaching me how to do them for next time... I wish I could join Sally's wednesday night classes but no time right now... I wish I had more reasons to go there more often

Last edited:
Been there a coupe of times and met both Dan and Sally. Dan was very helpful and answered all my noobie questions with a smile. I went in to get strings and Dan even put them on while teaching me how to do them for next time... I wish I could join Sally's wednesday night classes but no time right now... I wish I had more reasons to go there more often
The owners name is Shirley.

Top Bottom