Ukutabs stealing content... again

UkeBuddy.com

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I created the site http://ukebuddy.com which provides a bunch of interactive uke tools.

Ukutabs has blatantly stolen my code. He literally copied and pasted my javascript onto his site, and changed a few images. Anyone with a bit of web development experience can clearly see this from by comparing the javascript. I have tried contacting him myself, but have gotten no response.

Most interestingly, he has done this before:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?67207-Ukutabs

Granted there are many sites that have chord finder tools and the like. Before I built mine, I looked at others for inspiration. This is not the problem. He didn't just take the idea, he literally took the exact code and then pushed it off on his site. This is blatant copyright violation.

I am calling him out here in the hopes of getting a response and removal of my code from his site.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
The guy who runs ukutabs is a notorious sack of s***. He's been copying and pasting anything he can get his hands on.

Sorry about the theft of your content, but I found your site because of it. It's very good.

Hey, I just visited your site for the first time and bookmarked it. Nice site, especially for a uke newbie like myself.
Awful that someone would do that. Takes all kinds, I guess!

That's really too bad about what happened. I bookmarked your site too, and I'll be sure to recommend it!

I think I stumbled on your thread once before, but I bookmarked it this time. Love the chord finder. Wishing you much success.

That really stinks....however, like others this post of yours brought me to your site and I enjoyed it. Thanks for offering the different options, I love the chord builder.

Yup. I just bookmarked you too. Sorry it was under these circumstances.

A suggestion... Maybe you could look into whatever code is needed to make an iOS icon for your site, so when I add it to my home screen, there's a pretty little icon there rather than the miniaturized web page default.

Otherwise, great site!

Ukutabs has, over the last few months taken content from UkeHunt, Live Ukulele, UT themselves (in the whole look and style) and some instrument review sites. They were since removed or reworded.

I emailed him about it - and he got very apologetic - you will see the closed thread to that effect.

If this is a copy from Uke Buddy, then it stinks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support everyone! I'm glad you like the site.

As far as their legal page goes, I wouldn't be surprised if that was copied from another site as well :p

One of the great misunderstandings, usually by untalented script kiddie types, is not knowing the difference between free as in speech, and free as in beer when it comes to the internet. Ukutabs confused their ability to make a uke website, with the freedom to just take all the code and content he needed. If he shows his face here to apologize again, I wouldn't give that any worth. I'm so fed up with these scammers, but at least he led me to ukebuddy's site. :)

Last edited:
I emailed him (as I had an email exchange with him before) politely enough. The subject of my email was the Ukebuddy site - he responded to say he was sick of all this and that the tabs are not stolen. I responded to point out it wasn't the tabs I was referring to - but the code for the chord finder. No response yet.

This is shame, I use ukutabs alot and didnt know about this.

But your website is lovely! Im introducing myself to new chords right now! :)

Top Bottom