"Michael Myers Resplendent"

H

Hippie Dribble

2006. John Darnielle. (The Mountain Goats).

from the brilliant 2008 Mountain Goats record, Heretic Pride. recorded for the 41st season of uke on my handpainted baritone tuned down to F. Check here for some background to this song. Thanks for watching gang...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeAbqVDYOIY

I have been a Mountain Goats fan ever since Sweden back in '95.
You did John Darnielle proud. Beautiful again, Jon!

I have been a Mountain Goats fan ever since Sweden back in '95.
You did John Darnielle proud. Beautiful again, Jon!
brother Michael, thanks a lot for the lovely comment mate. yep, I'm a huge fan of The Mountain Goats too. was lucky enough to see John Darnielle solo a couple of years back when he came to Hobart. Before that I managed to catch them in Sydney at the Annandale Hotel in the late 90's when they were being supported by my fave Aussie band at the time, Smudge. Now that was a night. I follow their releases closely still, as he writes crazy catchy melodies and some of the most incisive lyrics of anyone out there. So edgy, so great. :)

That was fantastic......really liked the raw bits of playing and the high vocal notes. Lots of emotion in both the playing and singing.....loved it!

This is great work mate, really fabulous.
thanks Cam for watching and your awesome comment mate
That was fantastic......really liked the raw bits of playing and the high vocal notes. Lots of emotion in both the playing and singing.....loved it!

cheers Peter, it's an edgy song and I was sure going for an edgy delivery, glad it kinda came across that way mate, thanks

That's a sad song. You performed it well with your colourful bari.
Man you can really sing with a treble voice.
I like the Halloween movies and the title theme.

thanks a lot for the comment Fred. The first Halloween movie I saw as a young kid...and it scared the tripe out of me, still can remember some scenes quite vividly. John Darnielle is one of those songwriters who can take random and sometimes mundane scenes and turn them into intense emotional rides, he's quite brilliant. Cheers for the feedback mate.

Top Bottom