So... my whole family thinks I'm depressed...

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I have a song posted on my youtube that I wrote 3 years ago called, "Where is Happy Rayan?" I wrote the song in a particularly stressful time in my life, my businesses were not doing well, my mom constantly was nagging me to get a real job. To add to all that, my computer that I was using to do all of my business stuff broke down and I was forced to break out my old college computer to continue work. As I looked through the files I had on that computer, I found a whole bunch of stuff from when I was still in school. I was amazed how much different my life was back then from where it was. Pictures of good times with friends, silly drawings that I used to make about weird creatures farting awkwardly on blind dates, it just seemed like I was a lot happier back then.

So anyways, I wrote that song at that point. Fast forward 3 years later, ukuleleunderground.com is rockin, I'm super happy with how all these great ukulele players are coming together from all over the world. NOT DEPRESSED in anyway. My aunty finds the video on youtube of that song I wrote 3 years ago (I have no idea how) and then proceeds to tell everyone in my family that I'm depressed. She tells my other aunty, who tells my other aunty, who tells my uncle and my mom.

Finally my mom calls me and asks me, "are you depressed?"

"No...." I say. She then tells me the chain of the coconut wireless. I tell her I wrote that song 3 years ago. "Oh I'm going to call your aunties then..."

Freakin ridiculous. Man. Should buy them a "Jump-To-Conclusions Mat"

lol, it is good that you chronicled that part of your life cause you can look back and see how things have changed. I kind of wish I would've kept stuff like that, but I burned all the sad songs/writings I had when I was more emo about life to "save myself future embarrassment".

Also nice that your aunties keep up to date with your life. Dude, you're so loved. :)

When I was a sophmore in high school we had to do a project for english class where we had to take a poem or lyrics that we thought really meant something. So I printed out "adam's song" by Blink 182, and colored it all nicely and stuff. I showed my parents cuz I was so proud of it, and they immediately thought that I was suicidal. They interrogated me for like 3 hours. Finally I had to change to a new poem/lyric, so I chose "how do I love thee?" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning...

wow haha. next thing they will think your emo .//_-

....but your not haha. just keep making happy songs from now on haha.

When I was a sophmore in high school we had to do a project for english class where we had to take a poem or lyrics that we thought really meant something. So I printed out "adam's song" by Blink 182, and colored it all nicely and stuff. I showed my parents cuz I was so proud of it, and they immediately thought that I was suicidal. They interrogated me for like 3 hours. Finally I had to change to a new poem/lyric, so I chose "how do I love thee?" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning...
haha. I had sort of a combination between you and ryan's situation. i wrote a poem about a 2 years ago about how I felt when my friend died, and I decided to include it in my poetry book and dedicate it to her. A few of my friends saw it and started to think I was emo.

wow haha. next thing they will think your emo .//_-

....but your not haha. just keep making happy songs from now on haha.

too much happy songs kinda make you look psycho after a while. btw nice pic of an emo haha.

^ true with the happy songs

I know what you mean about the whole mum thing, im not comfotabe talking to my family about anything... expecially about sex -.-

i broke up with my girlfriend some time back but didnt tell anybody my reason, im into the slutty looking girls but they arn't, a bit fake looking. sorry about the swearing.

Anyway i broe up with her because i looked at her and thought all the time "what a slut"

so i broke up with her... then i got from my mum, "are you gay"....... i was like, WTF!! my family told me they wud bash me everyday if i was gay etc.... so for about 2months it went on..

finally got a new girl and its all normal again -.-

Yeh....I have been meaning to tell you Rayan. Based on your videos, I can tell that you are depressed. You might want to go on the Dr. Phil show. Just joking....ha. I had you going right...

Jump to conclusions mat......isn't that from Office Space?? It sounds familiar....I think that dude who ended up with the neck brace wanted to make that game....??

Something to consider....

As annoying as it may seem, at least your family cares. That is more than a lot of kids have going for them these days... I am sure you are aware of this...a reminder never hurts. Yes, it sounds like they are over-reacting, but again....many kids today would envy your situation.

I have had family over-react....it sucks. After the dust settles...it just reminds me that my family cares and I am lucky.....very lucky.

I know what you mean about the whole mum thing, im not comfotabe talking to my family about anything... expecially about sex -.-

I talk to my mom about everything, even sex. Of course, when she found out that I wasn't a virgin anymore, s** hit the fan. But we can laugh about it now. :p

ha, i have two kids from two different girls. and my parents still think im a virgin

I JOKE I JOKE, I KID I KID!!!

but yea, i remember a time when i started to work out. and i was losing weight. a good thing right? well moms thought she should have a little talk with me "arvin, youre getting skinny. do you have a problems?" hahaha.

ha, i have two kids from two different girls. and my parents still think im a virgin

I JOKE I JOKE, I KID I KID!!!

if you were serious about them thinking you are still a virgin, then i am Hank Thomas ( and i dont know who that is haha) but, i would be very VERY shocked if they did lol.

I talk to my mom about everything, even sex. Of course, when she found out that I wasn't a virgin anymore, s** hit the fan. But we can laugh about it now. :p
haha well my mum did ask me and i told her i wasn't because i didn't have a girlfriend at the time, i don't want my parents to get the picture that i play... which i dont!!

For some reason i hate talking about my sex life :S its so weird i don't understand but i never told anybody and my sister kept teasing me, until she walked in on me when my next door neighbour orgasimed...

was a while back now, but they were best friends at the time.. and they still are, sister gave me a hi-5 hahaha@!

Hah, I remeber my depression period. My self-esteem was virtually none existant and I'd sleep all the time just so my days would zip by. This happend around the time my grand mother died. She was the first person I've ever lost and I was about 14 at the time. Wow... I've really come a long way. Now I'm just a egotistic moron. Well, not really.

Top Bottom