PDA

View Full Version : I Got a Knock on the door...

mm stan
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Hee hee It was the mailman:o:confused: with a damaged uke box..
but I opened it and all was fine...10" X6" hole smashed open...said damaged before arriving to station...
THANK YOU JAMIE... WOO HOO BEEN HAVING FUN WITH THIS UKE..

It came with an awesome Gig bag embroidered with the hawaiian seal and Kumalae ukes....and a brand new uke holder...also aquila strings

For all those nay sayers, yes I am the guy who bought this Kumalae
concert...I have bought from Jamie before and she always has great deals....and boy did she give me a deal....cannot divulge anything..LOL

From the first time I saw it and played it, it reminded of my favorite
Oscar Schmidt OU2 concert, which I like very much and is my go to ukulele every day ...some changes but the body was the
same size and depth....probally made in the same factory and my OU2....This is a brand new uke.... then I looked inside
the soundhole and the label said...."Made In Indonesia" NOT CHINA as
some have said...Too Bad you guys, you missed out is all I can say..
Happy strummings...

Tudorp
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
congrats on the new one my brudda.. If I listened to everybody and warnings, I wouldn't have lived such a fun life either.. ;)... Glad it was only the box with a 10x6 hole torn it it... :eek: Enjoy it my friend..

mm stan
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Mahalo Bruddah Tony,
yes really enjoying this one...and it has eye appeal too.... even with the satin finish, it's a looker... bettah than Heather Locklear....ha ha:drool:

Hippie Dribble
11-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Mahalo Bruddah Tony,
yes really enjoying this one...and it has eye appeal too.... even with the satin finish, it's a looker... bettah than Heather Locklear....ha ha:drool:

great buy Stan!!!! Wow...better looking than Heather Locklear? Whoaaa...we're not getting into Lynda Carter territory are we? :drool: Man I gots ta get me one of dem kumalaes... :)

Tudorp
11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
bettah than Heather Locklear....ha ha:drool: lol.. I guess if ya strip off Heather's veneer, you might find her finish to be getting thin my good friend, lol.. But hell, my finish burned through years ago, so I'm ok with it.. hahhah..

mm stan
11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Aloha Bruddah Eugene,

Bettah not let Mrs Eugenie hear that...ha ha I think she's better than the two mentioned above...you lucky buggah.....:o:)

mm stan
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
lol.. I guess if ya strip off Heather's veneer, you might find her finish to be getting thin my good friend, lol.. But hell, my finish burned through years ago, so I'm ok with it.. hahhah..

Ha Ha Bruddah Tony,
Yup in her younger years, she was a hottie and still is...Wow I admitted it in public forum, now I may need to get admitted....LOL

Patrick Madsen
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
You da man Stan! Have you got an idea ofr how many are in your collection now. I imagine you house is like the hoarders on tv only with wonderful ukes.

mm stan
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Aloha Bruddah Pat,
He He...Lucky I don't collect houses....but I do need a bigger place now...:D so collecting ukes is alot cheaper I guess....:):o

Plainsong
11-27-2012, 12:42 AM
One more uke, and that house is gonna fall into the sea! I had a dream that Stan was having a new house built. Maybe this is why. :)

I'm so glad you got the uke. It's got a great home. :)

kvehe
11-27-2012, 01:20 AM
That's great to hear! Have fun with your new "friend".

ukegirl
11-27-2012, 03:07 AM
:) See George, I told you so! Oh wait, you've been banned!

vanflynn
11-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Glad to hear this one found a good home. It certainly won't be lonely!

bdukes
11-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Congrats Stan! Sounds like you got one lucky uke. And we seem to learn a little bit more about the mystery man with every post... Heather Locklear, eh? I had you pegged as a brunette man.

Enjoy the new member of the herd.

The Big Kahuna
11-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Congrats Stan :)

So how many have you got now ? I never seem to see you selling any to "make room"

pakhan
11-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Congrats, Stan!

Trinimon
11-27-2012, 04:59 AM
Congrats Stan! We wait'n fo da picchas! :)

mds725
11-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Aloha Stan! Congratulations on the new-to-you ukulele! You get any more and I'll have to come back to O'ahu just to play them. Hee hee. I hope you post a pic! Happy strumming!

Coconut Willie
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
WTG Stan!!! BUT.....you know the deal:

NO PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!!!!!!

mm stan
11-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Aloha Kat, Jim and Jamie,
thank you so much....I am definetely wearing out the strings...ha ha actually the new aqullias are breaking in real nice...thank you again Jamie....woo hoo:)

mm stan
11-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Congrats Stan! Sounds like you got one lucky uke. And we seem to learn a little bit more about the mystery man with every post... Heather Locklear, eh? I had you pegged as a brunette man.

Enjoy the new member of the herd.
Aloha Bill,
ha ha I'm not that shallow...lol it's the inside that counts....learned the hard way....sheesh....Heather is too young for me...ha ha Rather have Christie Brinkley....
HMMMMMMM :) http://www.askmen.com/celebs/women/models_200/207_christie_brinkley.html

mm stan
11-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Congrats Stan :)

So how many have you got now ? I never seem to see you selling any to "make room"
Aloha Niq,
Ha ha lost count several years back...keep buying and selling..LOL afraid to count and say though....but when I sell, usually it is local so I don't have to bother with shipping...sorry guys..

mm stan
11-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Congrats, Stan!
Aloha Terrance and Carlton,
Mahalo nui bruddahs.....love it, and so fun... no can go wrong wit this one..... I will post pictures when I get a group shot of more to come....sorry..

mm stan
11-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Aloha Stan! Congratulations on the new-to-you ukulele! You get any more and I'll have to come back to O'ahu just to play them. Hee hee. I hope you post a pic! Happy strumming!
Aloha Mark,
Yup you gotta hit it back this way next summer...I know you heading east for the holidays to see family....keep warm and bring your winter clothes...have fun and safe travels...

mm stan
11-27-2012, 10:35 AM
WTG Stan!!! BUT.....you know the deal:

NO PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!!!!!!

Ha Ha CW,
Pictures will be available in the coming month....maybe christmas or my birthday, I hope....ha ha saving for a custom top secret uke...LOL

Barbablanca
11-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Congrats on your taste in Ukes... But Heather Locklear ??? - I had to Google her, had never heard of her before. Oh.... not my type at all.... all plastic and make up... would probably drop you for a pair of better looking shoes ;) Give me a real woman any day ;)

Tudorp
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
I've been googling Heather Locklear for many years... huh? oh.. you meant the search engine google.. ok.... nevermind...

ukuLily Mars
11-27-2012, 12:35 PM
I had a dream that Stan was having a new house built. Maybe this is why. :)

:biglaugh: It's funny because it's true.

ksiegel
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Congrats Stan! Sounds like you got one lucky uke. And we seem to learn a little bit more about the mystery man with every post... Heather Locklear, eh? I had you pegged as a brunette man

What - you think Heather Locklear isn't really Brunette?

She's still cute, but a little too young for me nowadays...

-Kurt

Tudorp
11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Me too Kurt. I couldn't catch her. If I did, not sure what I would do from that point. I have a hard enough time catching my bride. I wouldn't be able to but she doesn't run too fast to give me a shot.. lol That's true love brudda..

mm stan
11-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Congrats on your taste in Ukes... But Heather Locklear ??? - I had to Google her, had never heard of her before. Oh.... not my type at all.... all plastic and make up... would probably drop you for a pair of better looking shoes ;) Give me a real woman any day ;)

ha ha... I like in in her hottie younger days....check this out....http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/entertainment-heatherlocklear/1/

mm stan
11-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Aloha Lily,
I can buy a nice place or get more ukes....hmmm tough choice....but I choose the later....ha ha for sure...

mm stan
11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I've been googling Heather Locklear for many years... huh? oh.. you meant the search engine google.. ok.... nevermind...

Aloha Bruddah Tony,

I was googling the younger pic's of Heather..:) I feel like robbing the cradle just looking at the pictures...LOL

mm stan
11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=ksiegel;1109729]What - you think Heather Locklear isn't really Brunette?

She's still cute, but a little too young for me nowadays...
Aloha Kurt,
I bet she's a Brunette too... and born in 1961.... still too young for me.... shoots

mm stan
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Me too Kurt. I couldn't catch her. If I did, not sure what I would do from that point. I have a hard enough time catching my bride. I wouldn't be able to but she doesn't run too fast to give me a shot.. lol That's true love brudda..

Aloha Bruddah Tony,
Didn't she play with captain kirk in TJ Hooker...hmm betcha that girl is still in shape....reminds me when I was young and exercising in waikiki at kapiolani park work station and I decided
to go jogging...well a cute gal ran by and I decided to run too...I followed her about 300 yards and she was in full stride...I ran outta breath and stopped....it was a three mile course..
about 18-20 minuetes resting, she came around again.....and about 20 minuetes later she came around again....wow I put my tail between my legs and walked back to my car all
sick and I quit exercising...lol

Plainsong
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
And Dynasty before TJ Hooker. (I was too young to watch either of these!)

Stan, you shoulda sat down and played a sweet song to lure her in! :)

Aloha Bruddah Tony,
Didn't she play with captain kirk in TJ Hooker...hmm betcha that girl is still in shape....reminds me when I was young and exercising in waikiki at kapiolani park work station and I decided
to go jogging...well a cute gal ran by and I decided to run too...I followed her about 300 yards and she was in full stride...I ran outta breath and stopped....it was a three mile course..
about 18-20 minuetes resting, she came around again.....and about 20 minuetes later she came around again....wow I put my tail between my legs and walked back to my car all
sick and I quit exercising...lol

mds725
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Not that this has anything to do with your new uke or even Heather Lockyear, but I was always more of a Lindsay Wagner and Jacqueline Smith fan. I still tell people that Lindsay Wagner in "The Paper Chase" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVqkzMwXQBU) is why I went to law school. Ahh, confession really *is* good for the soul.

mm stan
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Aloha Kimmy,
Was never a Dynasty fan...LOL more a I Dream of Jeannie...RIP Larry Hagman..... I guess Barbara Eden was hotter than them Dynasty gals to me at that age....LOL
Did not know Heather is a youthful looking 51 already....wow her ex Richie Sambora and has 14 year old daughter too..

mm stan
11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Not that this has anything to do with your new uke or even Heather Lockyear, but I was always more of a Lindsay Wagner and Jacqueline Smith fan. I still tell people that Lindsay Wagner in "The Paper Chase" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVqkzMwXQBU) is why I went to law school. Ahh, confession really *is* good for the soul.
Aha Mark,
Ahhh good to reveal your crushes too.....did you see this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dykHZY2UAfw&feature=related

The Big Kahuna
11-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Elizabeth Montgomery was the love of my (early) life.

Hippie Dribble
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
yep, Kahuna nailed it...um...kinda. :p Elizabeth Montgomery, Lynda Carter and Eugenie: the Moore Bettah's of the fairer sex...

what was this thread about again? LOL

ukegirl
11-28-2012, 02:37 AM

When we had a place in Indian Rocks Beach Florida we had a bunch of celebrity neighbors...Her dad, the actor Robert Montgomery, owned a small general store a block away...I never got to meet Elizabeth, but I always figured she was a pretty nice person. We also had Burt Reynolds living down the way with Lonie Anderson at the time...we used to run into them at the lighthouse pub once in a while....

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 02:57 AM
I never been into blondes, but I was a huge fan of I dream of jeanie and had the biggest childhood crush on Barbra Eden. She's still a looker at her age.. My real heart throb was Linda Carter tho..

Aloha Kimmy,
Was never a Dynasty fan...LOL more a I Dream of Jeannie...RIP Larry Hagman..... I guess Barbara Eden was hotter than them Dynasty gals to me at that age....LOL
Did not know Heather is a youthful looking 51 already....wow her ex Richie Sambora and has 14 year old daughter too..

mm stan
11-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Aloha Kahuna and Eugene,
Ahhh you all Luv um brunettes....hee hee meee tooo....Hey Heather I think was a Brunette too...LOL How about that Olivia Newton John from down unda....wow

mm stan
11-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Aloha Jamie,
Wow It must have been nice growing up in that neighborhood, and a great childhood....what was the name of the store robert montgomery owned...do you remember....
was Burt Reynolds a real firecracker at the lighthouse pub....I can imagine him there stirring things up....hee hee LOL

mm stan
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Alooha Bruddah Tony,
Still Remember Barbara Eden in cowboy movies and the original Voyage to the bottom of the sea.....followed her of course in movies and TV shows...ha ha

mds725
11-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Heather Locklear alert!!!!

Heather Locklear guest stars on tonight's season premiere episode of "Hot in Cleveland" on TV Land!!

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2012/07/heather_locklear_to_guest_star_on_hot_in_cleveland .html

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm suprized with all the adolescent boy dreams, that the one that was huge when I was a kid, but I never understood why, because I never thought she was all that. Farah Facett. Everyone had her poster on their walls, except me. Mine was like mentioned Barbra Edden, Lynda Carter (not to be confused with Nell Carter), and Jackoline Smith... Farrah, I just never got.. <shrug>

The Big Kahuna
11-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Voyage to the bottom of the sea

My favourite show when I was a kid. Just looked it up on IMDB, and I'm really happy to discover that David Hedison is still alive. :)

The Big Kahuna
11-28-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm suprized with all the adolescent boy dreams, that the one that was huge when I was a kid, but I never understood why, because I never thought she was all that. Farah Facett. Everyone had her poster on their walls, except me. Mine was like mentioned Barbra Edden, Lynda Carter (not to be confused with Nell Carter), and Jackoline Smith... Farrah, I just never got.. <shrug>

Debbie Harry was all over my walls when I was younger.

Hippie Dribble
11-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Agreed on the Farah Fawcett thing, but oooh Tony, don't forget Maureen McCormack - Marcia from the Brady Bunch.... :old:

The Big Kahuna
11-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Carolyn Jones, Morticia from The Addams Family

Ooooooooh :drool:

mds725
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Debbie Harry was all over my walls when I was younger.

Literally? :)

Barbablanca
11-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I suppose this is really a guilty secret, but my first screen crush, as a lad, was on Hayley Mills! I dreamed of being a castaway with her on her desert island ;)

Later, I tended to fall for female vocalists as opposed to film stars. Melanie, Joni, etc.

Hippie Dribble
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Later, I tended to fall for female vocalists as opposed to film stars. Melanie, Joni, etc.
same here Berni...Sade and Joan Baez were my big singer crushes :o

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Heather Locklear alert!!!!

Heather Locklear guest stars on tonight's season premiere episode of "Hot in Cleveland" on TV Land!!

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2012/07/heather_locklear_to_guest_star_on_hot_in_cleveland .html

Wow Mark...thank you....I'll be watching... woo hoo 51 and shes still hotter than even...well maybe not her 20's in the Daisy Dukes... any of UUer's outside US know what Daisy Dukes Are? he he

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Agreed on the Farah Fawcett thing, but oooh Tony, don't forget Maureen McCormack - Marcia from the Brady Bunch.... :old:

Yup Bruddah Eugene,
Farrah in her prime was real hot and also Nancy Sinatra......holy moly the BB MM was pretty but just did not have that sex appeal...LOL more of the girl next door look....LOL

kvehe
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Okay, ladies - did anyone here fall in love with Tim Considine when he played Spin on the Spin and Marty episodes that ran during the Mickey Mouse Club shows? (besides me, that is)

...are there any ladies still reading this?....... :D :D :D

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Carolyn Jones, Morticia from The Addams Family

Ooooooooh :drool:

Aloha Niq,
Remember the Munsters Family...Yvonne De Carlo as Mrs Munster....in her prime before that, she was another looker..
Blondie, AKA Debbie Harry and Pat Benetar....ha ha was neck to neck on beauty... hee hee How about Stevie Nicks?? Anybody know who she is... Wow

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
My singers back in the day was Ann Wilson from Heart (even now as a big gal is still pretty to me), and believe or not, Joan Jett. When I was in the Air Force, there was this gal that was a dead ringer for Joan Jett. I didn't know her personally, but we ended up on the same plane every now and then, and word got out I had a distant crush on her because she looked like Joan Jett. She knew it, and used to tourment me when we were working on the same plane, and she made it a point to reach accross over me to get something, or bump into me going to her equipment. It was killin me..

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Ahh... then theres Stevie Nicks.. I was in love with her too.. Still am..

How come no one has mentioned "Elvira" yet? I think she's hotter now, out of character though..

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM
I suppose this is really a guilty secret, but my first screen crush, as a lad, was on Hayley Mills! I dreamed of being a castaway with her on her desert island ;)

Aloha Barbablanca,
My Only recollection of Halley Mills was the Movies..." Parent Trap" and i do not remember any other movies she made in her teens or after...will look in to that...

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
same here Berni...Sade and Joan Baez were my big singer crushes :o

Aloha Bruddah Eugene,
I am more modern....like Shania Twain......woo hooo he he:)

mds725
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Ahh... then theres Stevie Nicks.. I was in love with her too.. Still am..

How come no one has mentioned "Elvira" yet? I think she's hotter now, out of character though..

I think there was a time when the only guys who didn't fall in love with Stevie Nicks didn't have a pulse.

The Big Kahuna
11-28-2012, 10:30 AM
My singers back in the day was Ann Wilson from Heart

I'd love to see some Dreamboat Annie covers by UU'ers, any track will do, but Crazy on you might be a bit difficult ;)

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Aloha Kathrine,
Glad you got in here girl.....I'm not familiar or even heard of Tim Considine?? will look into "Spin on the Spin".....sorry no Marty too...only remember Jimmy and Annette
I was sad when the Mickey Mouse Club moved to Australia in the late 50's to 60's....maybe 59- 60's darn... but I am sure the australian UU members remember them.
oh yes..here is you crush Kat..he was a handsome guy dat Tim Considine.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Considine had to look him up....

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 10:39 AM
My man crushes are Vin Diesel, and Densel Washington..

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Aloha Tony,
I know joan Jett did a song for the motorcyle show "Amercian Chopper" .....Yeah had a crush on Stevie too...wow wee
Cassandra Peterson....AKA "Elvira" still looks hot today, just saw her on that car show...and she still got it man....whew

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:42 AM
I'd love to see some Dreamboat Annie covers by UU'ers, any track will do, but Crazy on you might be a bit difficult ;)

Have to look that one up Niq....Never heard of her....you got some favorite links...hee hee :)

mm stan
11-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Man crushes bruddah Tony???? he he where's the girls postings....I am sure Kimmy and Kat has some....hee hee

Hippie Dribble
11-28-2012, 10:45 AM
My man crushes are Vin Diesel, and Densel Washington..

my bromances were Johnny Depp and Matt Dillon....Gene Kelly too, but that's going back a bit he he :p

I'm with Kat....c'mon you ladies, it's your turn now...he he

kvehe
11-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Aloha Kathrine,
Glad you got in here girl.....I'm not familiar or even heard of Tim Considine?? will look into "Spin on the Spin".....sorry no Marty too...only remember Jimmy and Annette
I was sad when the Mickey Mouse Club moved to Australia in the late 50's to 60's....maybe 59- 60's darn... but I am sure the australian UU members remember them.
oh yes..here is you crush Kat..he was a handsome guy dat Tim Considine.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Considine had to look him up....

Yes, thanks. Most people who remember him know him from My Three Sons, but I was a lovestruck 5-to-7-year-old long before that show came on the air....just like I was absolutely madly in love with David Jones (as he was known then) when I was 13 - 14. Once The Monkees were manufactured and he resurfaced as Davey Jones, I wasn't so interested, but he had one album as David Jones in 1964 (I think) that I still play for the nostalgia value.

Kat

The Big Kahuna
11-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Have to look that one up Niq....Never heard of her....you got some favorite links...hee hee :)

Dreamboat Annie is an album by Heart, Stan. Awesome album, search youtube and you'll find a few videos.

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Ahh.. No fair.. "Bromanches" are real relationships, not fantacy, lol.. My real Bromance was and still is my Man Wife, and my best friend Rodney. Not a celeb, but me and him were "Brothers In Arms". We served together in the Air Force back in the late 1970s. We were joined at the hip back then, and remain great bros today. I would go to the ends of the earth for that dude, and he would for me as well. People always said they thought we were married back then, lol.. I hadn't seen him in over 20 years, and as soon as he heard I was in the hospital 2 years ago, he was on a plane to be by mine and my families side. Rare friend he is.

The only bad thing about Rodney, is that I could never call him to bail me out of jail. The reason, is, because he was always sitting in there WITH me. Now THATS a friend.. . lol

my bromances were Johnny Depp and Matt Dillon....Gene Kelly too, but that's going back a bit he he :p

I'm with Kat....c'mon you ladies, it's your turn now...he he

Plainsong
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Man crushes bruddah Tony???? he he where's the girls postings....I am sure Kimmy and Kat has some....hee hee

Nathan Fillion anyone? He can be my Captain Tightpants anyday. I know Joey has a thing for John Barrowman.

Tudorp
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Ahh, we all got man crushes brudda. YOU are one of my man crushes.. lol.. Hopefully the name dropping will lure em in here to post theirs... hahha

How bout dem Bears huh? hahhah

kvehe
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Nathan Fillion anyone? He can be my Captain Tightpants anyday. I know Joey has a thing for John Barrowman.

Hmmm, these are both new to me...yes, I've looked them up and I can see why. Well, moving on to something more recent than 1964, my hairdresser once accused me of stalking William Petersen. I said no, no, I wasn't stalking William Petersen; I was stalking "Gil Grissom" if I was stalking anyone.

Plainsong
11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Hmmm, these are both new to me...yes, I've looked them up and I can see why. Well, moving on to something more recent than 1964, my hairdresser once accused me of stalking William Petersen. I said no, no, I wasn't stalking William Petersen; I was stalking "Gil Grissom" if I was stalking anyone.

Grissom is more for my mom. ;) Nathan might be better known as Castle. Barrowman is in Torchwood.

kvehe
11-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Grissom is more for my mom. ;) Nathan might be better known as Castle. Barrowman is in Torchwood.

Yeah, I am a "woman of a certain age" - I hardly ever watch TV and rarely go to movies, so Castle? Torchwood? Anyway, that's what I love about this place. In addition to all the great uke stuff, I learn all sorts of other things.

Plainsong
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I am a "woman of a certain age" - I hardly ever watch TV and rarely go to movies, so Castle? Torchwood? Anyway, that's what I love about this place. In addition to all the great uke stuff, I learn all sorts of other things.

Torchwood is a British series, but Castle? Girl he's on ABC! :) It's like Moonlighting, only on Castle, they were able to jump the shark.... and the series is still good. :)

kvehe
11-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Nope, haven't watched anything except sports and CNN for years and years and years (or at least since William Petersen left the cast of CSI :D), and I don't even see sports or CNN anymore. I never watched Moonlighting, either, and never saw even one episode of Dallas.

You would think that with all of this time spent not watching television, I'd have plenty of time for my ukes. Think again!

kvehe
11-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh, no, we killed the thread! I guess this is why the boys didn't want the girls to come into their fort!!!!! :D :D :D

Plainsong
11-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Nope, haven't watched anything except sports and CNN for years and years and years (or at least since William Petersen left the cast of CSI :D), and I don't even see sports or CNN anymore. I never watched Moonlighting, either, and never saw even one episode of Dallas.

You would think that with all of this time spent not watching television, I'd have plenty of time for my ukes. Think again!

To revive the thread, if you watch CNN - then what about the Silver Fox? And I don't mean Wolf Blitzer. So he bats for the other team, that doesn't mean a girl can't look?

kvehe
11-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Nope, not big on Anderson Cooper. No, no, no, I was an Aaron Brown fangirl. Then they dumped him and gave his slot to Anderson Cooper, for which I have never forgiven them. My brother's wife, though, thinks he's (Anderson Cooper) terrific, and still talks about the time she saw him on the street in New York City and he waved to her.

mds725
11-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Whoa! They jumped the shark on Castle? And you say this without posting a spoiler alert? :) I remember Nathan Fillion when he was Caleb (an associate of the Big Bad, i.e., the First Evil) on the final season (2003) of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Plainsong
11-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Whoa! They jumped the shark on Castle? And you say this without posting a spoiler alert? :) I remember Nathan Fillion when he was Caleb (an associate of the Big Bad, i.e., the First Evil) on the final season (2003) of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Oops! Thought that was old news! But, they jumped tastefully and wonderfully and it's still awesome. That Nebula 9 episode was hilarious. I still think of him as Captain Tightpants. (If you watch Buffy, I assume you saw Firefly.) We were talking on twitter ages ago about alternative fuel cars, it was one of those open debates that he opened the floor for, and he totally answered me like a normal person does to a normal person *dreamy swoon.* :)

Kvehe, I think my husband has a mancrush on AC. I don't mind.

The Big Kahuna
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Michael Chiklis (Vic Mackey from The Shield) once replied to one of my tweets:

https://twitter.com/MichaelChiklis/statuses/217152548883279872

mds725
11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Oops! Thought that was old news! But, they jumped tastefully and wonderfully and it's still awesome.

I'm sure it is old news, but I watch Castle the way I watch most of my network dramas -- in reruns on TNT, where it appears from what I've seen recently that there is no shark yet.

I saw the Firefly movie, but not the television program. From what I've seen on Castle, I bet Nathan's Firefly pants would be tighter on him now than they were then. I like the "Moonlighting" vibe of Castle, though. When Moonlighting first came on, friends told me that Bruce Willis's David Addison reminded them of me. I told them they should forward those comments to Demi Moore. :)

mm stan
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm sure it is old news, but I watch Castle the way I watch most of my network dramas -- in reruns on TNT, where it appears from what I've seen recently that there is no shark yet.

I saw the Firefly movie, but not the television program. From what I've seen on Castle, I bet Nathan's Firefly pants would be tighter on him now than they were then. I like the "Moonlighting" vibe of Castle, though. When Moonlighting first came on, friends told me that Bruce Willis's David Addison reminded them of me. I told them they should forward those comments to Demi Moore. :)

Aloha Gang,
I should watch TV more often....I don't even know what you all are talking about and who these people are...never heard any of them...shoots.. ha ha

Plainsong
11-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Michael Chiklis (Vic Mackey from The Shield) once replied to one of my tweets:

https://twitter.com/MichaelChiklis/statuses/217152548883279872

But did you swoon? You have to swoon for it to count. Speaking of him, I always wanted to do a mash up - theme song from The Commish, footage from The Shield. Bonus if I could find Vic using a pen to hold evidence.

Yeah Stan, for as much as we complain about reality tv, push content programming, series that are canceled before they get a chance... There is some fine writing and acting going on on tv. :)