PDA

View Full Version : FS: KoAloha Thin Body Tenor w/ Hardcase and extras $1000 Shipped/Insured in CONUS

Paul Dominic Martin
11-26-2012, 09:29 PM
i am selling my KoAloha Thin Body Tenor with Hardcase, Levy's Uke Strap, humidifier, Alaska Pik, and Martin Guitar Polish (never used on this instrument). Purchased in May 2012 (less than a year) from HMS and was built in February 2012 according to the inside of the uke!!! like new and purchased for more then I'm asking. Has L.R. Baggs Pick-up and sounds so sweet and the Thin Body feels so nice and comfortable within losing sustain or resonance. I also had a guitar strap button professionally installed at Guitarsolo in San Francisco. I also placed a plastic pick guard with what you would used for an iPad that can be easily removed... She's in pristine condition, always humidified and kept in a smoke free zone. no scratches, scuffs or cracks. *uke stand is NOT included... I hate to part with her but am adhering to the one uke philosophy for myself (well one tenor and one travel sized uke)... PM me if you have any questions... she sings and I hope I don't regret selling her. $ 1000 shipped and insured in the CONUS. she sounds so amazing and the wood hasn't even really opened up yet!!!

45794457954579645797457950:)

here's the link to the HMS site and you can hear the tone of the uke here:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-koa-tenor-thinbody-electric.html

Paul Dominic Martin
11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
more pics with the plastic pick guard that can be easily pulled off as well... 0:)

email me if you have any questions as well at pauldominicmartin1@gmail.com

efiscella
11-27-2012, 02:49 AM
Paul, I was just thinking about you and this thin line Koaloha today. I remember how much you loved it when you got it. I had a chance to play the one that Daniel Ho uses on tour and it sure is a beautiful instrument. It is great for anyone who takes their uke out on the road or who plugs into an amp. It is compact enough to travel with and has great clarity. Daniel told me that it is his preferred ukulele for travel. Best of luck with the sale.

Paul Dominic Martin
11-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Ed, thanks for the thoughts... Yeah i really do love this uke but really am trying to adhere to the one uke philosophy for myself... i'm selling it cause i got a carbon fiber blackbird and actually it isn't as thin as the koaloha but it has a contour in the back that makes it feel as thin to some degree... no worries with cracking or anything and it does have nice tone and clarity as well but sacrificing the warmth that wood brings. i like the no worries aspect of it all.... and i wanted a carbon fiber cutaway and this is the closest i'll get to ever having a custom uke which i wanted before but i think i'm sticking with the $1000ish price range for ukes and not wanting to invest more than that which i would worry about and or be willing to replace if some sort of unforeseen mishap should occur. i love them both but want to be monogamous with my ukes... even though my real lot will probably end up being my blackbird tenor and a sopranino (that is a cheap beater that i take with me in my backpack all the time). thanks again for the thoughts. hope all is well ed and whomever buys this uke will love it so very much!!!

Paul, I was just thinking about you and this thin line Koaloha today. I remember how much you loved it when you got it. I had a chance to play the one that Daniel Ho uses on tour and it sure is a beautiful instrument. It is great for anyone who takes their uke out on the road or who plugs into an amp. It is compact enough to travel with and has great clarity. Daniel told me that it is his preferred ukulele for travel. Best of luck with the sale.

Tailgate
11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
whoever buys this thin-body will get a great uke.. I have a Collings, which I love, but when I want the warm, mellow sound I go to the thin-body KoAloha... Living Water strings and Low G make some great sounds, even for a beginner uker.. good luck with the sale.

Paul Dominic Martin
11-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Tailgate, I agree with you. I have it strung low-g with worth clears and she's a truly amazing uke. It's nice to have a thinner body that doesn't sacrifice tone and volume but feel like you are embracing your uke. Very symbiotic. It's a toss up for me and hard to sell but when I started the uke less then a year ago I promised myself that I would never have too many ukes. 2 at the most at one time: 1 tenor and a travel beater for daily use. The latter is my compromise to just the one uke philosophy since I can't and don't want to take my KoAloha thin body, blackbird or any $1000 or more uke with me everyday all the time unless I'm a professional musician. I'd worry about it too much. 0:)

Paul Dominic Martin
11-28-2012, 12:17 PM
thanks scott for your local purchase!!! ENJOY!!! :D