A tour de' force of solo ukulele playing - Gerald Ross - Watch!

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
I'm really proud of the way this one turned out on solo uke. It's the 1951 hit "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas"

Please watch!

Alright, alright! Definitely gets my Christmas spirit going. Arrangement and performance are top notch Gerald. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!

YOu have a knack for playing the most difficult songs with ease and facility. The way you move, the look on your face, is so calm.

Even your finger movements, particularly on your picking hand, belie the complexity of the notes we are hearing.

It's a lovey song, superbly played, indeed.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I had a good time videoing this one.

A bit of info about the tune: it was composed by Meredith Willson of "The Music Man" fame (76 trombones...). Listen to the chord progression you can hear similarities.

I've gotten many emails requesting the tab for this number.

Unfortunately I don't have it tabbed out. It's in the key of C and uses fairly conventional chord shapes - no exotic or knuckle busting chords.

@coolkayaker1 -

Quite frankly I try to avoid coming up with arrangements that use one-of-a-kind song specific chord shapes. They are too hard to remember six months down the road unless I write them down (then I promptly lose the sheet of paper) or when in performance. I stick to fairly conventional chord shapes.

Awesome! Thanks a lot! I guess it's not too hard to figure out what you played since your playing is clean and tidy, and the video shows it so clearly. However it'll be almost impossible to play it as relaxed as you do :D

Regards,
Wilfried

Brilliant playing.

If there were tabs, I might be able to play it in,say, 10 years time.

Top Bottom