GRENOSI Ukule Le Manouche "Effeff" Tenor

grenosi

Reaction score
Hello!

I'd like to show you some pictures of the ukulele I finished today in my workshop. It was inspired by Gipsy-Jazz-guitars like Maccaferri and Di Mauro.
It has an Engelmannspruce top, laminated back and sides (rosewood, cedar, mahogany), neck is mahogany, fretboard and bridge are ebony.

Here are the pictures:
Ukule Le Manouche Effeff Tenorvorn GRENOSI Gregor Nowak Stringed Instruments.jpgUkule Le Manouche Effeff Tenor hinten GRENOSI Gregor Nowak Stringed Instruments.jpg
Ukule Le Manouche Effeff Tenor Decke GRENOSI Gregor Nowak Stringed Instruments.jpgUkule Le Manouche Effeff Tenor seitlich GRENOSI Gregor Nowak Stringed Instruments.jpgUkule Le Manouche Effeff Tenor Untersicht GRENOSI Gregor Nowak Stringed Instruments.jpg

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

Lovely looking instrument Gregor. Funnily enough, I was at a swing concert over the weekend of local Barcelona Group "Shine" - who have an interplay between a Manouche style guitar and a dobro with a double bass providing the back up.

I bet Albert Bello, their Manouche player, would love to have a play with your baby :)

Nice!- I love listening to Django

Out of curiosity, did you consider using a solid Indian Rosewood neck, Maccaferri/selmer style?

That does look very nice. How does it sound compared to a regular tenor? (round hole versus f holes)

Nice!- I love listening to Django

Out of curiosity, did you consider using a solid Indian Rosewood neck, Maccaferri/selmer style?
As far as I know the necks of the early Maccaferri guitars were made of walnut. Maybe the next time I choose walnut.

Greetings, Gregor

Lovely looking instrument Gregor. Funnily enough, I was at a swing concert over the weekend of local Barcelona Group "Shine" - who have an interplay between a Manouche style guitar and a dobro with a double bass providing the back up.

I bet Albert Bello, their Manouche player, would love to have a play with your baby :)

And I would love to see Albert Bello to play with my baby.;) Would you mind bringing him to Vienna?
Greetings, Gregor

Very nice! I have two ukuleles in the Maccaferri style (Dunn and de Mesquita), but this is the first I have seen in the DiMauro style. Reminds me of my Dell Arte Swing 16 guitar....

4948120971_0576108f8a_z.jpg

Top Bottom