Clear Perspex Ukulele

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Does anyone on the forum have a clear perspex ukulele?
I first saw it on Stephen Fry's TV show about America (via a London cab I think). It was the episode about Hawaii and was being played beautifully by an ex professional surfer.
I'd love to know more about these ukes.

Last edited:
Yes, The second one with the wooden neck. The guy on the TV show was playing as he walked and it sounded great so not sure if it was over dubbed or the bit about sound quality may not be correct. Once it is decided that it must be wood I think anything else is met with great resistance.
This thing looks fantastic IMHO
makana_Delovio_Clear_Vertical.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it sounds any good as acoustic, but make this a steel string solid body electric with killer pickups, and... why not? :D

Yep... Not my thang, but I am more of a hopeless romantic/traditionalist. But, I don't judge because I know you can make music with anything. Skies the limit. For the hardcore traditionalist, they have to remember, music first started by banging rocks together, and it's been uphill since.. ;)

I don't know if it sounds any good as acoustic, but make this a steel string solid body electric with killer pickups, and... why not? :D

Yeah! We could call it...oh, I dunno...a Dan Armstrong maybe :)

dan_1.jpg

ps. I had one 30 years ago, and they sound s** :)

Well I was just filling out the patent forms.... I'll make my millions somehow!

But hey, it'd match with whatever cool "I just put this on with no thought at all" concert outfit you have. :) If it sounds crap, then just don't play any clean tracks with that one. The idea of making music with anything, though... reminds me the beginning of It Might Get Loud, where Jack White nails a pickup and steel string into a block of wood. "Who says you need a guitar?"

dan_1.jpg

dan_1.jpg

There's a guy in my area who makes acrylic guitars - mostly flying V shape. He's built quite a reputation. I've played them and they actually don't sound bad with the right pickups but they are definitely not my thing. Honestly I think the whole idea is a little ridiculous - his market was/is the death-metal crowd and he was experimenting with putting an LED "light organ" in to make the body light up. I guess having something that looks unusual is very important when you're just jumping around screaming and making noise... LOL

John

Top Bottom