joy-uke

Reaction score
Hello evryone,
I'm new here and interested to know evrything about ukelele. I need advise and more info from the experts or anybody willing to share ---what is the best uke to buy for a beginner?

Hello evryone,
I'm new here and interested to know evrything about ukelele. I need advise and more info from the experts or anybody willing to share ---what is the best uke to buy for a beginner?

Where are you from and what is your budget?
Do you want a soprano, concert , tenor or baritone? Do you know the differences if not look them up first.

Welcome!

That is a huge question, and as philrab says, depends on budget !

Probably best to decide your budget and talk to Mim,H.M.S.,mainland,or get a flea.:D

Where are you from and what is your budget?
Do you want a soprano, concert , tenor or baritone? Do you know the differences if not look them up first.

I'm new here and still finding my ways. I had replied and didn't appear on the thread--( wondering where it was:eek:)
I had read something about the tenor, soprano, concert and baritone, and leaning more on tenor. I'm here in Burnaby Canada - neighboring city of Vancouver. I'd been looking for a retailer here , coz I know it would make an impact on me once i hear in person and touch the uke. Most of the retailers are online. There are different brands and my budget is below 100CAD.
I hope this would go through .

Thanks philrab

I'm new here and still finding my ways. I had replied and didn't appear on the thread--( wondering where it was:eek:)
I had read something about the tenor, soprano, concert and baritone, and leaning more on tenor. I'm here in Burnaby Canada - neighboring city of Vancouver. I'd been looking for a retailer here , coz I know it would make an impact on me once i hear in person and touch the uke. Most of the retailers are online. There are different brands and my budget is below 100CAD.
I hope this would go through .

Thanks philrab

As you will read time and time again on here you need to buy one already set up. That means somebody has gone over the instrument and checked vital things that will make your uke sound to the best of its capabilities. This still applies right down to the cheapest models. If you do not get one that is set up it might be un playable and put you off playing. Even if you pay an extra 15-20 dollars for the uke it is a must for a beginner. For example I bought a cheap one and it was awful I should have sent it back but the next one may of been the same.
As you are in Canada I am not sure where you could buy from I am sure there will be somebody who could advise you there.
Phil.

Thanks Newportlocal
Who is Mim ?
Assuming you have figured out who Mim is now. At around your budget you should contact her, and ask her advice.
She sets up all her ukes before sending them out. If you buy something that doesn't sound right when you play. You will just become frustrated instead of enjoying what ukulele has to offer.

As you will read time and time again on here you need to buy one already set up. That means somebody has gone over the instrument and checked vital things that will make your uke sound to the best of its capabilities. This still applies right down to the cheapest models. If you do not get one that is set up it might be un playable and put you off playing. Even if you pay an extra 15-20 dollars for the uke it is a must for a beginner. For example I bought a cheap one and it was awful I should have sent it back but the next one may of been the same.
As you are in Canada I am not sure where you could buy from I am sure there will be somebody who could advise you there.
Phil.

I totally agree philrab coz that was my 1st worry who will set it for me, thats why I kept on searching and then alas-- found the wonderful people -- yeppers......:)
There's a retail store in the island- Victoria BC , then another one at Vancouver. Dont have time to go to Victoria and maybe check the other store later ( just found out from searching on the net )
That's wonderful to hear if Mim set up everything. You guys are wonderful here and now I know I'm on the right group :)

Assuming you have figured out who Mim is now. At around your budget you should contact her, and ask her advice.
She sets up all her ukes before sending them out. If you buy something that doesn't sound right when you play. You will just become frustrated instead of enjoying what ukulele has to offer.

:) Thanks Newportlocal I'll contact Mim ...:)

Top Bottom