Join the new SEASONISTAS group in Community

GinnyT11

Reaction score
I've just created a group called Seasonistas and invite anyone who has posted at least one song in any Season of the Ukulele to head over to the Community section and join.

The list could be useful to help find a member whose UU name you can't recall, but generally I think it will be cool just to see how many of us there are.

It needs an icon. Anyone have an applicable photo or anyone interested in designing an image?

Awesome idea Ginny. Off to join up!!!

What about this?

seasons.jpg

maybe a bit boring but kinda sweet.

For anyone new to the uke or old, I truly encourage you to join the fun of the "seasons" comp over on the Contests board. Great way to stretch yourself to learn a new song each week and simply enjoy the comraderie and encouragement. VERY non-competitive to the point it's almost ceased to be a contest anymore, just a weekly gathering of folks sharing our love of the uke and of music in general. Especially if you are a little shy and lacking confidence, I in assure you this is the place to come and feel liberated from that. :)

If I post something in one of the Seasons contests, will someone teach me the secret Seasonista handshake?

Great way to have a base for everything seasonistary! Nice one Ginny

If I post something in one of the Seasons contests, will someone teach me the secret Seasonista handshake?

Yes, indeed! And you'll get an invisible crown of shining fireflies with your first post! Jump in! Lots of people to pat you on the back!

Yes, indeed! And you'll get an invisible crown of shining fireflies with your first post! Jump in! Lots of people to pat you on the back!

Shining Fleas as well????

Pretty please. Mine's a Flea

Just joined, btw.

I've put a place-holder image on the new group, but the Seasonistas need a logo. It would be for the group icon for now, but maybe one day we'll have uke-case stickers, t-shirts, and a watch that shows chord charts and the themes of all previous seasons.

Thanks for the suggested images, Matt and Jon. I'd like to see something designed by an artist that is a 2-color image that incorporates a stylized uke and Seasonistas. Two colors would be good for reproducing on the items above and on the Winner's Certificate that may become a weekly prize.

Any artists want to give it a try? I think the tough part is the long Seasonista name.

I'll have a go at a design over the weekend Ginny, will be fun...I'll do it during the quiet time at the market on Sunday morning before the crazy throngs gather en mass to buy all our bunches of flowers! 2 colours, eh...I'm thinking green and bronze :)

Top Bottom