New Uke Day-almost-My-a Mya Moe is Done!

WOBster

Reaction score
Just got the e-mail from Gordon at Mya Moe, my uke is done!!! cloud9.gif
(usual disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with the company, just a VERY satisfied customer!)
This uke is special to me on many levels, it was started on my departed Dad's birthday, finished close to Thanksgiving (my favorite Holiday as it is so family oriented) and will always remind me of family and my Dad. The fact that it came from the great family at Mya Moe only adds to my joy!
Mya Moe 888.jpg

Sound byte here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbUb0Ox5wRI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Final Pics here with another video: http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=888
To say I am thrilled would be the understatement of the Century. The process of working with the folks at Mya Moe has been incredible, they have been great at helping with and providing choices, answering questions, answering silly questions and putting their hearts and souls into the product. It really does make it more special.
So a Special thank you to Char, Gordon and Aaron, for your incredible craftsmanship, care and compassion throughout the process. wub.gif

Last edited:
wonderful testimony WOBster, it really looks and sounds incredible. And so beautiful to have an instrument so closely attached to your dad, that will sing of his life everytime you play it. Thanks for sharing the story, it's precious stuff brother. Blessings to you and your family.

And now for the most difficult part of the process - waiting for it to arrive... In all seriousness, I hope that you enjoy it as Mya Moe makes really nice instruments.

Last edited:
Probably one of, if not the, finest looking Mya Moe that I have seen. And a great back story to boot. As Chuck Moore told me, a meaningful back story pretty much guarrantees a great sounding uke.

Congratulations. It is a beauty! That is something on my wish list.

Congratulations! MM#888 looks crisp and very beautiful. The triple eights do add to its beauty and excellent workmanship of the MM team. Its sound, like Aaron said, is bright and punchy.

That's a beauty!

Thanks All!
I also fixed the "sound byte" link so it goes to the correct video!
It should be here in a few days!

It looks and sounds fantastic, WOBster! Congrats on your Mya-Moe.

Man, that's an incredibly nice uke and story wobster. The wood combo is classic and it looks like you made some nice choices on the extras. Enjoy it. They only get better as time goes by.

Really really sweet! Congrats! Mine just finished today - 889.

Thanks all! It is truly wonderful and I am loving it! The wider nut is really nice for my fatter fingers and the radiused fretboard is great too. I am in love with the tone...just a great uke, everything I had hoped for!
@Eyeguy...our ukes were nursery mates! yours is stunning!

Top Bottom