First Ukulele (last thread, promise!)

First Ukulele, which is the best?

• Brunswick BU-4T (Aquila fit)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

darthpoopie

Reaction score
Hey all!

So this is my third and last thread asking for help as for which Ukulele to buy my 6.2 large handed brother for his birthday. Still a bit confused about size (may go for a Soprano) but have narrowed it down to the above four models. If I could have people's inputs and reasons, I would really appreciate it :)!

Thank you so very much!

Poopie

Last edited:
My first uke was a second hand Lanikai and I loved it. That being said I voted for the Kala because it has a better reputation and you can buy them from UkeRepublic and Mim, I think. I believe the Kala is a level up from Malala but I purchased Makala ukes for my son and daughter in law and they are both happy with them. Buying from a reputable dealer is important so you are sure to get a good set up.

How much $$$ are you looking to spend? If money is not the issue....Kala then! Otherwise get a Makala and buy from a dealer that sets them up (UkeRepublick, Mim, HMS) and be sure to have aquila strings put on the uke.

Of that bunch you presented....Kala is the one!!

Thank you for all your help guys!

Problem with $$ is that I live in the UK/Hong Kong so price will be drastically different to the US. I'm willing to spend up to 60GBP I reckon.

I've decided I'm not going for a Soprano size, so that automatically lifts the prices up. Although Brunswick isn't available in the USA, the common consensus here is that it sounds similar to the KA-T but is much cheaper! So I think I'm cutting out Makala (sorry to everyone that voted for it! Just seems like the cheapest option for a reason) but I'm still considering within concert/tenor sizes of other three options

Thanks again!

Poopie

Top Bottom