Decisions…Decisions...

revmykd

Reaction score
I have an idea of doing a series of themed 5-6 song e.p.'s on the uke. Some of the themes planned so far includes country,grunge, britpop, songs about "Allison" and tributes to Daniel Johnston, Wesley Willis and "Violator" by Depche Mode. The problem is I'm getting stuck on the ska/reggae album...I just can't make up my mind on what to do...there is so much great material to choose from. Bob Marley, Desmond Dekker, Toots & the Maytalls, Bosstones, Specials, Madness, ect. So I'm throwing it out there to see what my fellow board members would like to hear. Give me some suggestions.

Thanks,
rev

if you choose to end up doing it... please do a bob marley song ^^

chur

I have an idea of doing a series of themed 5-6 song e.p.'s on the uke. Some of the themes planned so far includes country,grunge, britpop, songs about "Allison" and tributes to Daniel Johnston, Wesley Willis and "Violator" by Depche Mode. The problem is I'm getting stuck on the ska/reggae album...I just can't make up my mind on what to do...there is so much great material to choose from. Bob Marley, Desmond Dekker, Toots & the Maytalls, Bosstones, Specials, Madness, ect. So I'm throwing it out there to see what my fellow board members would like to hear. Give me some suggestions.

Thanks,
rev

Marley songs are all over the place. id' rather hear something different ;)

Madness.....One Step Beyond!! Is that even possible? Yeh, I agree, Marley songs....as epic as they are...they are everywhere. Toots would be nice. How about some Ziggy?

Thanks,
rev

There is a lot of great 2 Tone stuff out there.

I don't have any suggestions, just looking forward to hearing it when it gets put out there.

:)

There is also a lot of good recent releases in both the ska and reggae world that would translate very well to the uke.

It all depends how obscure do you want to go...

I'm a big ska and reggae fan and listen to all the "waves" that have come and gone....from the Skatalites and Wailers to the new Toasters and Reel Big Fish...and everything in between. It's just so hard to narrow it down to just a few songs without leaving something/someone out. I may just have to pull the songs out of a hat or load the cd changer, press random and pick the first 6 or so songs that play.

rev

Top Bottom