WEBSITE!!! feedback and suggestions please...

H

Hippie Dribble

hi gang, wanted to let you know I have started up my own website. Been building it over the last few weeks and most of the content is ready to go.

Prime function of the site is to share songsheets from yootoob vids and I'm feverishly doing PDFs for download at the moment. I have about 50 done so far. Will be updating daily so keep checking in. I'm also going to do some tutorial vids to explain some of the intros/mid-sections that I use in some of my arrangements...so I'm hoping it will be quite interactive on that basis. But there's heaps of excellent links, news and stuff there to browse through as well.

It's a labour of love, not expecting big volumes of traffic, but it's not costing me too much and is a way to help out some of the folks who ask me how to play songs they see on yootoob. I expect it'll also serve as a kind of diary as well...

Anyway, I've just gone public with it so I would really appreciate you having a little look around and offer some feedback to help me work on improving and developing ideas to keep it fresh. Thanks a lot everyone. :)

EDIT: August 16, 2013

Folks, many of you will now know this original site was deleted some months ago. I have since rebuilt it and the new link is below. As always, feedback is very much appreciated.

http://www.eugeneukulele.com/

Last edited:
I just took a quick look and I have to say I think this is one of those websites that I could spend hours in! I got to the Cliff Edwards page and decided I had better stop right away or my husband and I will never eat dinner. I haven't gone to the songsheets or videos yet but I'm looking forward to those!

"Labour of love" indeed -- it's a very generous website and I think it will be a very nice resource for 'ukulele players at all levels. I will certainly check in regularly.

Very cool site.....especially like the pics of the homestead/family. While rooting around, I did notice that the link on the songsheet for Dinah is broken.
Great job on the site, I'll be poking me head in there from time to time.

Very cool site.....especially like the pics of the homestead/family. While rooting around, I did notice that the link on the songsheet for Dinah is broken.
Great job on the site, I'll be poking me head in there from time to time.
thanks for pointing that out Peter, fixed now. :)

I just took a quick look and I have to say I think this is one of those websites that I could spend hours in! I got to the Cliff Edwards page and decided I had better stop right away or my husband and I will never eat dinner. I haven't gone to the songsheets or videos yet but I'm looking forward to those!

"Labour of love" indeed -- it's a very generous website and I think it will be a very nice resource for 'ukulele players at all levels. I will certainly check in regularly.
thanks Lily
I just browsed through the site, and I like it a lot! You hear me out there?
Excellent! :worship: That was a lot of work I bet! Thanks for sharing, Jon!
Looks great Jon!
thanks you guys. i have you all featured on the links page too
I like it. Don't like the URL though.
thanks for the feedback Carl. What is it about the URL? Too complicated/wordy? I really am green and naiive with this stuff, I've got zero experience so I really appreciate the honesty mate, thankyou

It looks spiffy, Eugene!

It looks spiffy, Eugene!
thankyou Gary
Well done Eugene, terrific website, congratulations mate. I did try to email you through the site contact tab, not sure if that's working?
cheers Cam, yeah came through loud and clear, thanks for the affirmation mate. Was gonna reply to you later this morning, got one from brother cletus as well :)

Great job Jon! Bookmarked that one for sure, and looking forward to the song list growing.

I wouldn't worry too-much about the URL though I have to confess when I first saw it my eye picked it out as "Eugene sold-time..."

Some ambiguous URLs can really be funny that way. I remember seeing one of those "funny" emails that listed several real URLs with capitalization used to point out how they could be interpreted differently. I wouldn't sweat it, though.

It's kind of like Jeff's username here...I still call him "loner hino" and ask him what a hino is and why he's such a loner when I see him at UWC (was supposed to be LoneRhino).

John

so far so good, can't wait till you get some tutorials on there. sweet homestead. I had a place like that once and now live in an apartment!

Great site, Jon! So kind of you to collect all of these resources in one place and to share them with the interworld. Gracias.

I am wondering where the "baritones" link is hiding, though. ;)

Very interesting site---both attractive and orderly. I like how colorful and friendly it is.

I agree with Carl about the URL. IMHO, it's too long and too limiting, as you do some modern songs too. You don't want to turn away any of these young people, ya know. I think you should stick with your established brand and just call it eugeneukulele.com

Yeah, the URL is just very clunky, although oldphart does have a point.

I always imagine trying to explain a URL to a computer illiterate type.

"Eugenes old..no apostrophe,now a a hyphen, timeukulele, all one word". But I suppose now you've chosen it, there's nothing you can do?

I get to play along with Eugene Ukulele in my own home! Cool!

Thanks for making up song sheets for all those great tune, Jon.

You da man!

Ps. Hats are required, right?

Love it, Jon! Clean and crisp yet cheery and colourfull. Bookmarked!

I feel honoured to be mentioned on the links page. A big big thank you for that!

Top Bottom