New Strings Now Ukulele Rattles

T

tomthebaptist

Two days ago I changed the strings out that came on my Pono ATD with Aquila Nygut. Before the change the ukulele played well, couldn't be happier. Now the thing rattles like a dump truck with a flat tire! Can't figure this one out... I am waiting for a set of Worth strings that I've ordered and will change out the Aquila's as soon as they come in. Question: Has anyone else had this kind of issue with Aquila Strings? At first I thought the adjustable rod was loose or high frets. But if that were the case why didn't it rattle with the strings that came from the manufacture? Its got me puzzled. Any advise would be appreciated.

Tom

I have a Pono tenor with the original strings. It has a couple of wound strings, one being a low G. I've wondered myself if changing to a non wound string would cause a buzz. I'm willing to bet that the slot the string goes through on the nut is too wide for the new string causing it to buzz.

Two days ago I changed the strings out that came on my Pono ATD with Aquila Nygut. Before the change the ukulele played well, couldn't be happier. Now the thing rattles like a dump truck with a flat tire! Can't figure this one out... I am waiting for a set of Worth strings that I've ordered and will change out the Aquila's as soon as they come in. Question: Has anyone else had this kind of issue with Aquila Strings? At first I thought the adjustable rod was loose or high frets. But if that were the case why didn't it rattle with the strings that came from the manufacture? Its got me puzzled. Any advise would be appreciated.

Tom

Top Bottom