Double uke adventure

NatalieS

Reaction score
I am over the moon right now. I got to see Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard in concert last night. My Christmas gift this year was a 4th row seat. Eddie's well known for his latest ukulele-only album, and he played several last night including his "Clarence"-sharpied uke, a resonator, and what looked like a steel string guitalele. I didn't see his new Kanile'a showcased in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsQWAyh9Z6o

I was so pleased that Glen has recently picked up the uke as well. He played a baritone Mya-Moe. http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/artistDetails.php?id=89

I am a fan of both guys, but a huge huge fan of Glen's. I had the amazing fortune to meet him after the concert and talk to him about various topics including the uke. Through a wonderful twist of fate, he got his crew to give me another ticket to come back and see the concert next week when they're closer to my town. I can't say enough of his generosity. Basically I'm in heaven right now. :) How cool to see a concert where both the opening and main acts showcase the ukulele so well! And both very cool guys too. :)

Last edited:
Aloha Nat,
Wow wow you got to meet both of them and you talked about ukes...that is heaven girl...woo hoo and a free ticket....where was this concert in....glad you brought your MM baritone,
ha ha that sealed the deal....plus you are a pretty cool gal too...thank you for sharing....MM Stan don't forget to give us and review on the upcoming one...:)

Eddie Vedder is opening for Glen Hansard? :)

It sounds like a wonderful evening! Glen was featured recently on Mya-Moe's website and your experience with him indicates that he's a really nice guy as well as a very talented musician. It's great that he gave you tickets to another concert! Have a great time at that one, too!

Thanks guys, it was a great time!

Stan, I wish I had a Mya-Moe but this one belonged to Glen. I'm definitely jealous of it. And mds725, Glen was actually opening for Eddie. Oh, and the concert was in Orlando. :)

Awesome...I was hoping to make it to one of Eddie's show's. Hopefully there will be a next time.

Hi Pippin, I agree that Glen's guitar looks pretty rough; however, what a cool story that he's played that one guitar since 1990 and that he refuses to part with it! It is a cedar top without a pickguard, and watching him play I can easily see how it got to its current state over 22 years. I'm all for a guitar being weathered that way (as opposed to a rocker just busting apart a perfectly nice guitar onstage for no reason).

Top Bottom