Am I a sad man for feeling so happy so soon?

etf

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday after a few emails to Char Mayer, I ordered my very first custom ukulele. I am now on the build list for next June woohhoooo.
My build does not start till June 3rd but I am so happy. Is this what is known as Uke Fever? Its not normal to have a smile this big so soon. I feel like a guy that has just been told he's pregnant and I am due to have my first scan in June followed by several more scans as my baby grows and is born on July 2nd.
I could not be happier with the response and help I got from Char. She was a joy to deal with.
I have gone with MG chocolate heart myrtle, one piece back and top and sides. Walnut binding to body and fretboard and walnut Rosette. Headstock custom signature walnut and myrtle. Geared machine head tuners with amber buttons. Oil finish and K&K pickup.

Bring on July 3rd,
ETF :cool:

Gordon and Char have a way of making people happy. Two of the finest people I've ever met, we're just lucky they make ukuleles. :)

Congratulations! The anticipation is quite something, isn't it? I have a chocolate heart mango tenor starting on January 29, and can hardly wait!

It's natural to be excited at the ordering stage. It means you've started on the journey of owning a Mya-Moe. That journey is likely to include moments of impatience and anxiousness, but also other moments of happiness as you make additional decisions about your uke and you start to see photos of woodsets and such. I'm waiting for my third Mya-Moe (a 6-string baritone with an April due date) and have had this same experience all three times. Congratulations!

Aloha and Congratulations......yes it is a sickness we call here UAS... it WILL get worse believe me...LOL always fun when you up the anti on your uke family....and a Great choice too

Congrats.. my Mya Moe will be born in April.. you've already made the big decisions on yours, I only know mine will be a tenor.. too many choice, but I have a lot of time to play around on their great website and look at different combinations.

Thought I would show you the Master Grade Set that I picked to make Miss Myrtle as she will be lovingly known, I recon she is going to be heartbreaker lol.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Hi all,

Yesterday after a few emails to Char Mayer, I ordered my very first custom ukulele. I am now on the build list for next June woohhoooo.
My build does not start till June 3rd but I am so happy. Is this what is known as Uke Fever? Its not normal to have a smile this big so soon. I feel like a guy that has just been told he's pregnant and I am due to have my first scan in June followed by several more scans as my baby grows and is born on July 2nd.
I could not be happier with the response and help I got from Char. She was a joy to deal with.
I have gone with MG chocolate heart myrtle, one piece back and top and sides. Walnut binding to body and fretboard and walnut Rosette. Headstock custom signature walnut and myrtle. Geared machine head tuners with amber buttons. Oil finish and K&K pickup.

Bring on July 3rd,

You should feel very happy! Nice specs! You will love the pickup. I had the K&K installed in my tenor and am blown away by the sound quality plugged in. Real Uke Fever (UAS) would have you buying a few more in the meantime. Good luck with that.

Top Bottom