WTB: Collings Tenor

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It seems like there's a few people enamored w/ their Collings so I want to try one too. I have tried a few at the guitar store but want to try one at home and compare it with my other tenors. If you have one and want to sell it, shoot me a pm. I am only looking for the mahogany and not the koa.

I might have a Donaldson for trade but not certain...trying to convince my wife to allow me to just own 3 tenors!! :p

Thanks

Daniel

Last edited:
I think coolkayaker has one for sale on ebay, unless there are 2 kayakers that are cool? you might pm him about it. you can search for it on the bay.

Thanks, strumsiily. Daniel and I have discussed it...mine is so sweet, I don't want to sell it. I list on eBay all my ukes, even when i adore them with every fiber of my soul, just to keep the Mrs. from having me sleep with the dogs.

Dude, awesome choice: Collings ukes are the bees' knees. No bull. While I've never strummed a tenor, I've played a UC-2K and own a UC-1. They're perfect ukes: light as a feather, resonant with a capital R, and perfectly crafted. I hope you find one. You gotta play one to know, bro.

Dana takes care of me when it comes to great ukes. I just opened mine this evening and it's everything I expected from a Collings. That makes 2 and I love them both. Both UT-1s one with a haircut and the other without. It doesn't get any better then that.
Haha, you and Mark have this connection going! No problem

Dude, awesome choice: Collings ukes are the bees' knees. No bull. While I've never strummed a tenor, I've played a UC-2K and own a UC-1. They're perfect ukes: light as a feather, resonant with a capital R, and perfectly crafted. I hope you find one. You gotta play one to know, bro.

Matt, you know my prefs but Collings is an exception as it only has 13 frets to the body!!

Yes indeed. I figure you're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with it, Daniel. Lol. Maybe be like the rest of us and play a little closer to the headstock. You can do it! Just give the Collings a chance, man!

Hey Daniel. Is McCabe's currently out of stock on Collings tenors? The last couple times I've been there, they've had a couple. My last trip was three months ago, I think.

They have some really nice ones but I don't like to pay retail as I tend to change ukes way too frequently. Lose way too much money so need to buy used in case I change again! To quote Prince, "Maybe I'm just like my mother, she's never satisfied"

I own 2 Collings ukes. Have owned several others, sold them all. They totally spoil you. They play like a little jazz guitar.

doug

Both UT-1s one with a haircut and the other without. It doesn't get any better then that.

My Collings UT-1 does not have the haircut. I might take a shot of whiskey and get out the Spyderco Paramilitary folder and give it a headstock haircut tonight to improve the sound.

That's a sweet looking find, EU. Daniel, I say go for it. Don't let little home equity loan stand in your way of fondling that haircut uke.

http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/U952.html

Last edited:
My Collings UT-1 does not have the haircut. I might take a shot of whiskey and get out the Spyderco Paramilitary folder and give it a headstock haircut tonight to improve the sound.

That's a sweet looking find, EU. Daniel, I say go for it. Don't let little home equity loan stand in your way of fondling that haircut uke.

http://www.acousticmusicworks.com/U952.html

I'm not in a hurry to buy one so I'll wait for a used one that is cheaper. How did you know I had a frozen HELOC with an upside down house? HAHA

Top Bottom