Kamaka Tuners

meruke

Reaction score
Hi

Happy T-Day. I was hoping somebody could save me sometime in researching info about tuners.
I just bought a white label 1970's Kamaka soprono on Ebay. Everything looks great on it. I love the sound but it is constantly going out of tune. I am new to the uke but have played other stringed instruments. I do not know the make of the tuners but they have the big slot to lock it in place. Strings are all black not sure of what kind they are. I asked seller of the Kamaka if they were new strings. He said he bought the uke about a month ago and that he did not put new strings on.
So my questions are.
Is there anyway to improve these tuners by replacing anykind of washer that might be in there? Is there any other way to make them work better?

I am willing to buy new tuners if need be. Can somebody tell me which tuners will work without drilling? I am capable of drilling. I just do not want to.

I do Have friction type tuners on another Uke and have no problems. So I am not against friction type.

Looking foward to playing and not tuning

Thanks in advance

:) Have you tried calling Kamaka? They could probably answer the questions you're asking.

Hi

Happy T-Day. I was hoping somebody could save me sometime in researching info about tuners.
I just bought a white label 1970's Kamaka soprono on Ebay. Everything looks great on it. I love the sound but it is constantly going out of tune. I am new to the uke but have played other stringed instruments. I do not know the make of the tuners but they have the big slot to lock it in place. Strings are all black not sure of what kind they are. I asked seller of the Kamaka if they were new strings. He said he bought the uke about a month ago and that he did not put new strings on.
So my questions are.
Is there anyway to improve these tuners by replacing anykind of washer that might be in there? Is there any other way to make them work better?

I am willing to buy new tuners if need be. Can somebody tell me which tuners will work without drilling? I am capable of drilling. I just do not want to.

I do Have friction type tuners on another Uke and have no problems. So I am not against friction type.

Looking foward to playing and not tuning

Thanks in advance

Hey as far as I'm aware Kamaka have always used Schaller (www.schaller-guitarparts.de) tuners for their ukes, I agree that it's best to call up Kamaka to double check.

Thanks, I will try Kamaka. I checked out that link they are Schaller tuners. Anymore opinions or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks for your fast replies

Top Bottom