The Cremation of Sam McGee

I enjoyed the hell-out-of-that! Doug, you sure do come-up with some good ones!

Thanks, Tom, I really had some fun with this one. I was a little surprised at how many really great illustrations have been done for this poem.

It's funny , of all the poems I had to read in school , the only two I really liked were " The cremation of Sam Mcgee " and " The rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" . Great job , I really enjoyed that.
Your voice reminds me of Mose Allison .

Last edited:
It's funny , of all the poems I had to read in school , the only two I really liked were " The cremation of Sam Mcgee " and " The rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" . Great job , I really enjoyed that.
Your voice reminds me of Mose Allison .

Thanks, Pete. Samuel Taylor Coleridge, now that would be a challenge! Or maybe that Kubla Khan one. And thanks for the Mose Allison thing. Another UU member, lambchop, once dubbed me "the Mose Allison of the ukulele". Hah, I wish. :) I should try covering some of his songs, though, he's got some great ones.

Real cool, Doug....
I have a song in my repertoire , that is My Madona, by Robert Service. Maybe I'll try a video of it in the near future.

A poem by Robert Service, 1907, with ukulele by me. :)

Real cool, Doug....
I have a song in my repertoire , that is My Madona, by Robert Service. Maybe I'll try a video of it in the near future.

Thanks. "My Madonna" is a great poem, I just googled it. Send me a link when you record your version. Thanks.

Top Bottom