1 Month into Playing the Ukulele

Daytwah

Reaction score
Hello Everyone -
Thank you to all for all of the great reading material, advice, and general kindheartedness on the site! I picked up my first ukulele about a month ago from Mim and am currently up to three! Love it! The second was picked up for my wife about two hours after my Keli'i arrived, so she has laid claim to the KoAloha Pineapple. We generally bust them out within 30 minutes of getting home from work and couldn't be happier. Big thanks to Mim, HMS, and Elderly for the Keli'i Gold Concert, KoAloha Pineapple and Kala Pocket

Attachments

• Ukes1.jpg
    Ukes1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 68
Hello Everyone -
Thank you to all for all of the great reading material, advice, and general kindheartedness on the site! I picked up my first ukulele about a month ago from Mim and am currently up to three! Love it! The second was picked up for my wife about two hours after my Keli'i arrived, so she has laid claim to the KoAloha Pineapple. We generally bust them out within 30 minutes of getting home from work and couldn't be happier. Big thanks to Mim, HMS, and Elderly for the Keli'i Gold Concert, KoAloha Pineapple and Kala Pocket

hi daytwah,
nice set of ukes, i have a new one coming at christmas cant wait, must say the uke makes me feel happy, keep trying to get wife interested but no luck yet, keep on strumming
atb wallyboy

Hello Everyone -

Man, you gots it bad!

Christmas trees aren't Christmas trees without a uke or three underneath 'em! Lovely trio daytwah, and another warm welcome to the forum mate. :)

Beautiful little family you have there.. I am sure that it is so much fun to play with your wife!! Welcome to UU too!

Thank you much! It is a ton of fun learning to play these together. I'm glad she suffers from the same UAS as I do. She's asking about tenors now

UAS?? -Initiate me ?! :D

UAS = ukulele acquisition syndrome (a disease which some of us contract more easily than others; in some cases it is easily cured, in some cases it can flare up and then go into remission, in some cases the only cure is running out of money)

UAS = ukulele acquisition syndrome (a disease which some of us contract more easily than others; in some cases it is easily cured, in some cases it can flare up and then go into remission, in some cases the only cure is running out of money)

hehe I see, well I like to play good instruments, and I don't seem to be afflicted too much with guitars. I'd love a Kamaka one day though!
But yeah, might be that last reason :D

Last edited:
Hello Everyone -

My wife and I play ukulele every evening. Great times. Glad you both enjoy it.

Aloha Daytwah,
Welcome to the UU forums....hey you maybe going kinda slow...LOL ha ha Only kidding... I thought I was bad at a uke a month program before...Now I know there are many who
are far worse than I... way worse..Ha Ha and about slowing down...he he is that even possible even when you even run outta money, you sell other things to feed your uke habit...
main thing you don't sell the house, car, wife and kids...LOL Happy Strummings...

You are starting off on the right foot but I would have started with cheaper ukes!

Even after everything I have read recently (last week) about the Keli'i brand, I still feel lucky to have as nice of a uke as it is to learn on... Although I do get jealous of the pineapple once the wife starts joining in. Kala pocket was just for my 3 months of weekly travel coming up (business unfortunately) but the travel does fund the acquisitions! I think three is good for now especially due to their completely different personalities. Maybe at the end of those 3 months... Anyone else fortunate enough to have a spouse / significant other joint in? The time and enjoyment is a very rewarding experience all in its own

In other cases, the cure is owning one of everything.

Even after everything I have read recently (last week) about the Keli'i brand, I still feel lucky to have as nice of a uke as it is to learn on... Although I do get jealous of the pineapple once the wife starts joining in. Kala pocket was just for my 3 months of weekly travel coming up (business unfortunately) but the travel does fund the acquisitions! I think three is good for now especially due to their completely different personalities. Maybe at the end of those 3 months... Anyone else fortunate enough to have a spouse / significant other joint in? The time and enjoyment is a very rewarding experience all in its own

This is a fun song my wife and I like to play. There are his and her singing parts in it.
http://www.scorpexuke.com/songs/Jackson.pdf.php

Looking at the picture in the first post has given me an idea...how about a Custom "Christmas Ukulele" made from Pine. It would have the added advantage of freshening your room every time you played it.

We'll see, lets come back to this thread later and count again! :)

Top Bottom