Gauging Interest - Brazilian Rosewood Tenor Uke

specialk13

Reaction score
There's a good chance I will have to sell this uke so I thought I would gauge interest.

This is a Pepe Romero Jr. tenor uke made with Brazilian rosewood back/sides and an Adirondack spruce top. The bridge, fretboard, and headstock overlay are also Brazilian rosewood. The neck is mahogany with a nut width of 36mm. Teh nut and ssaddle are both bone and the tuners are Pegheds.

I want to make it perfectly clear that this is a PLAYERS uke. It is not in perfect shape. Structurally, it is perfect but it has little dents from fingernails and the french polish finish has been rubbed away around the edges on the back. This was a demo uke before I bought it and it was played quite a bit. It would come with an Oahu case.

Tonally this is by far my best sounding uke, period. It is extremely light and very responsive (just like a nice classical guitar). I find that I leave it in the case more than i play it just to keep it safe.

PM me if interested.....

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03354.jpg
    DSC03354.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC03356.jpg
    DSC03356.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC03361.jpg
    DSC03361.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03360.jpg
    DSC03360.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC03364.jpg
    DSC03364.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 108
More Pics.

Attachments

• DSC03353.jpg
    DSC03353.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC03357.jpg
    DSC03357.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC03365.jpg
    DSC03365.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 46
Players prefer Pepe's and passion is peaked if price not prohibitive.

Wow. This looks very nice. I think you should put a price on it.

Players prefer Pepe's and passion is peaked if price not prohibitive.

pretty peculiar post Padre but Pepe's are particularly precious products. Previous prices predicate a possible prediction...

I'll give ya ten bucks for it. If that's not enough how about a counter offer?

Preposterous to proffer such a paltry sum. Please get serious.
This is a Pepe Romero Jr. tenor uke and the tuners are Pegheds.

I want to make it perfectly clear that this is a PLAYERS uke. It is not in perfect shape. Structurally, it is perfect... french polish finish... it was played quite a bit... my best sounding uke, period.
PM me if interested.....

Thanks

Last edited:
Well, not quite the interest I was hoping for but at least y'all are having fun! :)

New Brazilian Pepe ukes are selling at $2850 with a pickup so I'm currently trying to come up with a price that makes sense (sorry rbeetsme, not 10 bucks).

Please, the Pepe is particularly precious, and it plays like a pretty porpoise in the Pacific, but that price is paramount to pick pocketing!

Last edited:
I used to have one of these with the same specs--they are super nice, but I had to sell mine. It had a very very smooth sound to it. Kind of like smoking an expensive cigar, or maybe not because I've never smoked a cigar

wow, potentially letting go some beautiful ukes

between this one and the talsman a couple real beauties, unfortunately way out of my price range:(

wow, that's really special K. really , it is. what a stunning instrument. can't wait to hear what the price is and if you are including the divorce forms.

Interest high, funds low, very low.

It is a magnificent uke! I liked it so much I bought a second one (syfc's actually). I shouldn't have done that, simply because my only use for it is having one in high g and one in low g. Wish I had gone with another wood combo instead of a duplicate... But I digress...

Anyway, this thing plays like butter and sounds like heaven. You can't go wrong with a Pepe. I put his ukes in the same league as Devine and Moore Bettah.

Dear Ron,
I know this is about my birthday, but
Merry Christmas, and enjoy the uke!
Love,
Jesus

Top Bottom