Kanaka
UU VIP
Reaction score
kamakaheadupright.jpg

kamakafrontupright.jpg

kamakabackupright.jpg

Stunning. May you have many happy times together

Wow, that is stunning. Enjoy it!

Congrats... Beautiful wood .. Koa is truly amazing for that deep warm sound! Love it!

Congrats on the new uke, looks nice and I bet it sounds awesome.

Very nice! Congratulations!

Is that a tenor with a baritone neck?

That's some sweet looking' wood!

Congrats on the new uke!

Scooter

Awesome lookin Uke!

Beautiful ukulele with amazing koa. That head plate wood alone is jaw-dropping. Is it tuned DGBE or GCEA?

Thanks for the well wishes!

It is tuned GCEA (I may tune it low G at a later date).
It has a 19 inch scale that is 2 inches longer than a tenor and one inch shorter than a Baritone(I got this from the HMS site...and they have a sample played by Corey if you want to hear it...but you have to put in HF-3L in their search window to find it). Supposedly(well according to HMS), they used to make these only for "family members <kamakas>".

They are extremely rare, but mine took 5 weeks to build once I orderred it from the factory...note: it is not custom...as their custom orders, according to their website, are not doable at this time. The only reason I know one existed is because HMS had one and it sold in about a week. I had since found one that also sold at Gryphon of Palo Alto, online, but I wanted one sooner...so I inquired at the factory...and Tekla was very helpful and extremely nice! Since then, Gryphon got another one in, but I had already orderred one from Kamaka.

Last edited:
Congratulations Kamanaaloha. That is a beautiful looking Kamaka. I have a William King long scale tenor that is also a 19" scale which I love.You will have a lifetime of beautiful playing with that ukulele.

thanks dkcrown.
I went to ukulele lessons today...and our instuctor also has Kamaka hf-3...he really liked the long scale however...as Corey from HMS is quoted..."they should make this the default tenor scale"!

Great sound, just the normal new string break in stuff and retuning...fun to play with my big meathook paws/fingers...way more room!

Congrats! Beautiful! I got a long neck concert not so long ago - love it!

Thanks for the well wishes!

It is tuned GCEA (I may tune it low G at a later date).
It has a 19 inch scale that is 2 inches longer than a tenor and one inch shorter than a Baritone(I got this from the HMS site...and they have a sample played by Corey if you want to hear it...but you have to put in HF-3L in their search window to find it). Supposedly(well according to HMS), they used to make these only for "family members <kamakas>".

They are extremely rare, but mine took 5 weeks to build once I orderred it from the factory...note: it is not custom...as their custom orders, according to their website, are not doable at this time. The only reason I know one existed is because HMS had one and it sold in about a week. I had since found one that also sold at Gryphon of Palo Alto, online, but I wanted one sooner...so I inquired at the factory...and Tekla was very helpful and extremely nice! Since then, Gryphon got another one in, but I had already orderred one from Kamaka.

I got my HF3 special in Sept..i also worked with Tekla..she one nice lady..when on vacation i picked it up and went on the Kamaka tour..i live in San Francisco bay area and visit Gryphon alot they have some nice ukes there

Top Bottom