Belated new uke day

oxkit

Reaction score
So last Monday, thanks to the lovely chap that runs the uke club where I live, I walked home with a lovely golden tweed case containing a lovely, new ukulele.

It's been something of a busy week so hadn't managed to spend a great deal of time playing it until the last couple of days. It's a Kala asac-te, and something of a major leap from £20 plywood, soprano thing I've been learning and playing on for the past 6 months.

I'm just about getting used to the larger scale length and discovering new sounds that emerge from it every time I pick it up. The volume of it just blows me away and I keep finding myself just plucking individual notes, letting them ring out and sitting open mouthed at the sustain and general loveliness of the sound. The punch of the sound when you strum hard keeps shocking me, too. I'm gushing now... But pretty besotted by the thing, as you might be able to tell.

Can't wait to get finished up with the term so I can spend some serious time getting acquainted with it and playing with some other people.

Anyways, just wanted to share my giddiness at finally having a lovely uke to call mine own. No longer do I have to drool over pictures on the internet of pretty ukes, I can just reach out and pick her up and gaze lovingly at the wood as it shimmers under different light.

Huzzah!

newukeday.jpg

Congrats on your new Kala....yes tell us how it sounds...happy strummings.... great to hear of your new upgrade...woo hooo

very, very nice! congrats

Congratulations on your new ukulele! That model was my first tenor. I just sold it to someone in my Hawaiian music ukulele class.

Congrats. Looks beautiful.

It must be a killer to not have time to play.

Hopefully you'll squeeze some in.

Am squeezing in a bit of strumming between the studies n' working... Roll on Xmas, I plan on doing very little but strumming, eating n' drinking. Looking forward to jamming with my brother when I head back to the mothership... He's a pretty mean double bass player.

Happy Belated New Uke Day! Looks gorgeous and sounds like she plays great too! Hope you have the time to really enjoy her soon!

Joey :music:

Top Bottom