STILL, STILL, STILL = Ukulele arrangement by UKULELE MIKE LYNCH

STILL, STILL, STILL not contributing anything to this forum but self-promotion.

Why not stick around and chat?

I've never met this guy Mike Lynch, but he has been incredibly generous to the ukulele community. He has over 100 videos on you tube which give free instruction. They are some of the best beginner level videos. He knows how to teach. He has also arranged many songs and posted his videos for free. Yes, he sells a few items on his web site, but he isn't pushing them here. I appreciate his contribution which goes beyond this website to the broader community of people trying to learn the ukulele. It would be great if he's stick around and join the conversation, but I for one value his broader contribution.

I've never met this guy Mike Lynch, but he has been incredibly generous to the ukulele community. He has over 100 videos on you tube which give free instruction. They are some of the best beginner level videos. He knows how to teach. He has also arranged many songs and posted his videos for free. Yes, he sells a few items on his web site, but he isn't pushing them here. I appreciate his contribution which goes beyond this website to the broader community of people trying to learn the ukulele. It would be great if he's stick around and join the conversation, but I for one value his broader contribution.

Agreed katysax. Mike Lynch is a gifted teacher and makes the ukulele accessible like no one else can. When I started playing the ukulele I used his lessons as a starting point to make my own arrangements. Mike gives clarity to the ukulele and its possibilities with examples and the solid reasons for doing what he does. If Mike would chat now and then he would be a teriffic asset for all of us because he is an accomplished teacher and solid player.

He's pushing his Christmas book here. Over and over and over. I think his lack of social interaction shows him to be pompous, aloof and greedy. He'll never know though, as he doesn't read any of this.

So go complain in the section where he pushes his book. In this thread I just see a video (which I don't like) of a song (which I don't like). I see no book-pushing here, so I don't understand what the problem is. And btw, he does have some nice free tabs and instruction videos on his site and youtube.

Over the past week, this part of the forum has been nothing but links to his Christmas book and I can't even remember a time when he replied to any of his posts.

Last edited:
He has over 100 videos on you tube which give free instruction.

And btw, he does have some nice free tabs and instruction videos on his site and youtube.

A lot of internet marketers make free content available as a promotion.

I can't even remember a time when he replied to any of his posts.

There are some handy forum tools to back up your memory. I have not searched every single post but he has not replied in a long time and his only replies that I have found are follow-ups on marketing.

I have nothing against marketing, but I dislike abusing this forum to do so. His presence on this forum is naked self-promotion without even the semblance of a give-and-take.

If he wants to participate in the forum, he should participate. If he wants nothing from this forum other than advertising, he should pay for it.

After he posted the Away in the Manger ad, I sent the $5 donation to get the TAB. That was last Thursday. I have not heard anything from him. Usually people that sell PDF files email them right away. I have tried to contact him several different ways to no avail. I know he's been on his computer because he posted many more ad's since I ordered...

Four more advertisement threads posted today, not a single response to his customer in this thread.

How much free advertising does this guy get?

Heh, heh. I'd be happy if HE'D JUST QUIT YELLING! :)

John

He charges $5 for one song or $25 for his Christmas book which has all the songs. When I ordered the book he sent it to me within about 2 minutes of my making the purchase. If you bought something and didn't get it - send him an email.

I don't see where posting these videos is an "advertisement". There is nothing in his post about selling the product just a link to his web site and a statement that the tab is available. It would be nice if he would contribute some discussion to the forums, but most of what he is posting is videos that if anyone of us would post them no one would complain. Other than posting videos and a couple of postings to announce products he hasn't posted much. That doesn't constitute spamming the forum. Everyone here who has products to announce does it. No one is forcing anyone to read posts or watch videos. Personally, I'm glad he posted these videos because the tab he provides for some Christmas Carols is exactly what I've been looking for. The tabs are easy to follow, easy to play and they sound good. The videos help with demonstrating how they should sound. If he hadn't posted the videos I would not have gone to his web site and found the tabs for sale. I've appreciated learning about tabs and such from people on this site.

There is nothing in his post about selling the product just a link to his web site and a statement that the tab is available.

If he hadn't posted the videos I would not have gone to his web site and found the tabs for sale.

And you still think it isn't advertising?

Lots of forum members promote their products and services. Heck, I've bought stuff from forum members that I never would have learned of but for this forum (and I have been thrilled with the results, too).

But it's the drive-by approach of UKULELE MIKE LYNCH that is rubbing me the wrong way. UU should make him buy banners

He charges $5 for one song or $25 for his Christmas book which has all the songs. When I ordered the book he sent it to me within about 2 minutes of my making the purchase. If you bought something and didn't get it - send him an email.

I sent and email. I sent a message on this forum. I sent a facebook message. I used the contact us on his website. No response. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
That's unfortunate. I don't think he wants to cheat, however sometimes communication can be a serious problem. I could tell stories... He probably gets a LOT of e-mails. Just look how many YT subscribers he has, and how many e-books and tabs he sells and promotes. And I'm not sure, but maybe he processes his sales manually. Probaby it's best to try a few more times, perhaps once a day... (No I don't have any connection with him!)

Best Regards
Wilfried

That's unfortunate. I don't think he wants to cheat, however sometimes communication can be a serious problem. I could tell stories... He probably gets a LOT of e-mails. Just look how many YT subscribers he has, and how many e-books and tabs he sells and promotes. And I'm not sure, but maybe he processes his sales manually. Probaby it's best to try a few more times, perhaps once a day... (No I don't have any connection with him!)

Best Regards
Wilfried

It's probably a mistake on his part. I'm sure we'll get it straightened out. He seems like a nice guy in his videos.

Did you check ou junk/spam folder? Not being snarky, but sometimes real email gets sent there. My workplace spam program actually dumps some email from my employer in there sometimes so we have to check all the time for important stuff.

Top Bottom