PDA

View Full Version : Shoplifter hits clerk over head with ukulele

Gillian
12-01-2012, 07:54 AM
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/11/shoplifter-uses-ukulele-in-convenience-store-attack/

El Ka-Bong...ukulele-style.

Poor ukulele...

Tudorp
12-01-2012, 08:09 AM
What the heck is with all the Uke violence lately? This is what? The 3rd thread about a uke being used as a weapon?

Gillian
12-01-2012, 08:39 AM
What the heck is with all the Uke violence lately? This is what? The 3rd thread about a uke being used as a weapon?

If this uke violence continues, we might have to register our instruments and obtain a ukulele license to carry one in the open. :rolleyes:

Tudorp
12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
I have a CCL, but I don't think anywhere it states that it covers Ukuleles.. I might need to go ahead and register mine I reckon..

frets alot
12-01-2012, 09:01 AM
I also have my Concealed Pistol License (CPL), but suddenly I feel safer just having my uke with me. If it comes to it, I'll support our right to carry (a uke). I sure hope the clerk is ok. A serious crime.....nothing to laugh at. Makes you wonder why a uke?

Tudorp
12-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Ukes don't kill people, people kill people. I'm a huge advocate of the right to bear ukuleles..

Tudorp
12-01-2012, 09:07 AM
See? Even Elderly supports the right to bear ukuleles..

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/U900-BEAR.htm

http://elderly.com/images/new_instruments/180N/U900-BEAR.jpg

Paul December
12-01-2012, 09:29 AM
:confused: Makes one wonder...
...had it been a baritone, would the news have reported it as a "guitar missing 2 strings"? :p

Plainsong
12-01-2012, 11:45 AM
They can pry my uke from my cold dead hands. ;)

Ukuleleblues
12-01-2012, 01:20 PM
They can pry my uke from my cold dead hands. ;)That's Funny, Hey plainsong, 4x USC, I am not fan of either but you all must be wanting to bead Dabo with more than a soprano.

chrimess
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
In that case I will for president of the NUA.

Plainsong
12-01-2012, 03:03 PM
That's Funny, Hey plainsong, 4x USC, I am not fan of either but you all must be wanting to bead Dabo with more than a soprano.

Not really. Yes we were out coached, but he's done so much for the program. I think he's a good fit for us. That said, it did suck, but people talk like it was the Orange Bowl or something.

If he buys me a mango flea I might forgive it. ;) I actually had an hibiscus flea until I realized one day... Omg that's garnet and black.

bnolsen
12-01-2012, 04:30 PM
did they add a charge of uke abuse on top of shoplifting?

OldePhart
12-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Sad. Would have been a funny story, though, if the clerk had pulled a 12-pound Jazz-Bass from behind the counter and proceded to beat the robber senseless... :biglaugh:

John

Plainsong
12-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Sad. Would have been a funny story, though, if the clerk had pulled a 12-pound Jazz-Bass from behind the counter and proceded to beat the robber senseless... :biglaugh:

John

"I see your 4 strings, and raise you.... 4 strings."

OldePhart
12-02-2012, 07:46 AM
"I see your 4 strings, and raise you.... 4 strings."

Heh, heh.

I just remembered something that happened here if the DFW area a few months ago that makes what I wrote less funny after I thought about it. A local pastor and church secretary were beaten with an electric guitar at the church and the pastor died of his injuries. I don't recall the whole story, whether it was a robbery gone bad or a personal issue, etc.

Apparently the guitar was a weapon of opportunity - it was one someone left on the stage. It's getting so we're going to have to have chain locks for musical instruments to keep them from becoming weapons...

Crazy world we live in.

Big_e
12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
The employee was injured pretty bad, must've been an Ohana Sopranino or a cheap Stagg. Those little fellas are made of good stout wood.

misteruke
12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I got a very pretty, yet very heavy uke in trade that I keep beside my bed in case I wake up with a tune in my head or an intruder in my house...

webby
12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Some of the youtube videos i've seen show the uke being used as a weapon when people are just playing it - sonic warfare.

cahaya
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I think it is a ripe time to start a ASPCU in your land :)

Plainsong
12-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I got a very pretty, yet very heavy uke in trade that I keep beside my bed in case I wake up with a tune in my head or an intruder in my house...

Or a tune in your head about an intruder in your house..woops!

Gwynedd
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Another ukulele-related crime. It's only a matter of time before we get uke control. Shame how this little instrument just brings out the BAD in people.

Shazzbot
12-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Three threads on the same incident. Seattle is now known as the hotbed of ukulele violence.

Yestyn The Great
12-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I get asked all the time if my ukulele is a machine gun. Suspicion must be growing. People are becoming afraid of the instrument.

ogg
12-06-2012, 03:39 AM
Clerk: "Doctor I can't get this tune out of my head!"

Gillian
12-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Doctor: "I think I can repair your injury but there are strings attached.."

Gillian
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Here's a picture of the thief (http://spdblotter.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Screen-Shot-2012-12-07-at-1.22.23-PM.png) and his about-to-be-demolished ukulele.

Time for a little police work. If the police retrieved the splintered uke, they'll have a maker and a serial number to go on. Contact the manufacturer (looks like a red-stained Kamoa tenor to me) track down the seller, then using the make and serial number, the seller should have the name of the buyer on the sales receipt when the uke was sold.

Of course, the thief might have stolen the uke also....and I've obviously had too much caffeine today.

Plainsong
12-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Unless it was a Koaloha. No serial number. But it isn't. I doubt the police would care enough to do that. To them, there a crime and they caught the guy who did it. But where I live, I keep my police expectations low.

But I look forward to that episode of Castle where Beckett returns the uke to the rightful owner. :D

Also not convinced it was a Kamoa at all.

Here's a picture of the thief (http://spdblotter.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Screen-Shot-2012-12-07-at-1.22.23-PM.png) and his about-to-be-demolished ukulele.

Time for a little police work. If the police retrieved the splintered uke, they'll have a maker and a serial number to go on. Contact the manufacturer (looks like a red-stained Kamoa tenor to me) track down the seller, then using the make and serial number, the seller should have the name of the buyer on the sales receipt when the uke was sold.

Of course, the thief might have stolen the uke also....and I've obviously had too much caffeine today.

Hippie Dribble
12-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Doctor: "I think I can repair your injury but there are strings attached.."

he he...nice Gillian!