Shoplifter hits clerk over head with ukulele

Gillian

Reaction score
What the heck is with all the Uke violence lately? This is what? The 3rd thread about a uke being used as a weapon?

I have a CCL, but I don't think anywhere it states that it covers Ukuleles.. I might need to go ahead and register mine I reckon..

I also have my Concealed Pistol License (CPL), but suddenly I feel safer just having my uke with me. If it comes to it, I'll support our right to carry (a uke). I sure hope the clerk is ok. A serious crime.....nothing to laugh at. Makes you wonder why a uke?

Last edited:
Ukes don't kill people, people kill people. I'm a huge advocate of the right to bear ukuleles..

See? Even Elderly supports the right to bear ukuleles..

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/U900-BEAR.htm

U900-BEAR.jpg

:confused: Makes one wonder...
...had it been a baritone, would the news have reported it as a "guitar missing 2 strings"? :p

In that case I will for president of the NUA.

That's Funny, Hey plainsong, 4x USC, I am not fan of either but you all must be wanting to bead Dabo with more than a soprano.

Not really. Yes we were out coached, but he's done so much for the program. I think he's a good fit for us. That said, it did suck, but people talk like it was the Orange Bowl or something.

If he buys me a mango flea I might forgive it. ;) I actually had an hibiscus flea until I realized one day... Omg that's garnet and black.

did they add a charge of uke abuse on top of shoplifting?

Sad. Would have been a funny story, though, if the clerk had pulled a 12-pound Jazz-Bass from behind the counter and proceded to beat the robber senseless... :biglaugh:

John

"I see your 4 strings, and raise you.... 4 strings."

Heh, heh.

I just remembered something that happened here if the DFW area a few months ago that makes what I wrote less funny after I thought about it. A local pastor and church secretary were beaten with an electric guitar at the church and the pastor died of his injuries. I don't recall the whole story, whether it was a robbery gone bad or a personal issue, etc.

Apparently the guitar was a weapon of opportunity - it was one someone left on the stage. It's getting so we're going to have to have chain locks for musical instruments to keep them from becoming weapons...

Crazy world we live in.

The employee was injured pretty bad, must've been an Ohana Sopranino or a cheap Stagg. Those little fellas are made of good stout wood.

I got a very pretty, yet very heavy uke in trade that I keep beside my bed in case I wake up with a tune in my head or an intruder in my house...

Some of the youtube videos i've seen show the uke being used as a weapon when people are just playing it - sonic warfare.

Top Bottom