Wait nearly over - Mya-Moe on it's way

Eyeguy

Reaction score
You know, if I'm being honest the wait time for my Mya-Moe seemed to go by much faster than I thought it would. In fact, I'm guessing it will be more difficult waiting this last week for it to traverse this big country of ours from Washington to North Carolina. Anyway, quite excited about the pending new arrival and not exactly sure what to expect as it will probably be fairly different from my other tenor uke, a vintage Gibson mahogany. Gordon says he loved the way it sounds, but I wouldn't expect any builder to say otherwise. We'll see soon.

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=889

Beautiful Uke. Stay away from the tracking website. It will raise your blood pressure!

The mango on your MM is luscious. Well wishes for quick delivery and happy strummings.

Mine starts Dec 20. Until then, I'll live through you.

I love the ebony binding you chose. Very nice looking uke. I'm sure it will knock your socks off when you get to play it!
-joe

congrats, I know the wait is killing you...ha ha keep an eye out for the daily delivery...always nice on delivery day though...happy new ukie day

Thanks folks for the kind replies - I do think it's going to be fun to play. I opted for the 1.5" nut width as I had it on a fine Kanile'a tenor I owned before, and together with the radiused fingerboard I think it's going to be the cat's meow. Nothing left but the waiting now. Tick tock, tick tock.

Congrats on a truly stunning uke! That is beautiful and I am certain it will play wonderfully. Our ukes were together in the nursery as I had #888! I also went for the wider nut and really like it, hope you do too!

Thanks folks for the kind replies - I do think it's going to be fun to play. I opted for the 1.5" nut width as I had it on a fine Kanile'a tenor I owned before, and together with the radiused fingerboard I think it's going to be the cat's meow. Nothing left but the waiting now. Tick tock, tick tock.

Hope you love it as much as I love that fine Kanile'a of yours. :)

Top Bottom