Acabo'oe Koi tenor for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

acabooe

Reaction score
Aloha Everyone,

I am very excited to say that I have my first Ukulele that is ready for sale.

The name of it is KT-RJBJR-0004 ( Kasha Tenor, made by me, # 4 ).
I call it the Koi tenor for short.

This Ukulele was finished today 11/27/08 after working on it for about 2 months.

Here is a little info about it.
Sound board, Back board, Sides, and Head cap = Koa
Neck= Sapele Mahogany
Braching system = Modified Kasha Schneider
14th fret neck/body connection, 18 frets total
17 3/32'' Scale ( Tenor )
Gotoh SGM Mini tuners Chrome with MoP buttons
Aquila ( High G all nylgut ) Strings.
Inlay material = Curly Maple, Rosewood, Koa, and Sand ( yes, I said sand ).
Here are some pictures, I hope you guys like them.

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

I'll put up a sound sample soon.

The price is $800.00 plus $20 for shipping and handling.
Please Pm me if you have any questions.
Aloha
Bob

Wow. That's awesome. I had been looking forward to the finished product. Any chance that we could get a close up of the inlay? I want to see the sand in use! :) And I take it that that is some 100% genuine hawaiian sand? Which beach? :)

That is one beautiful uke. I couldn't tell from the picture, but are parts of the fish sound holes? Is the light colored border the sand you mentioned? All in all a spectacular looking uke...I bet it sounds just as good. Too bad Im not in the market for a topnotch uke...Maybe Deach will buy it and then deach it away!!!:D

Experimentjon,
Here is a closer picture of the inlay. There is a channel around the Koi, and if you notice, it is filled with "Genuine Hawaiian Beach Sand" gotten from a beach in Nanakuli about 1/4 mile from where I live.
DSC00156.jpg

Menehunenyc,
yes, that is the sand, there is also sand used as the fret board marker dots.
No, there is no other sound hole other than the one that is on the side. The fin that I think you are talking about is just a different material, so it looks different.

thanks to everyone that liked my work.
Here is the sound sample that I promised. Please excuse my playing, it has been a while since I practiced.

Aloha
Bob

Awesome Bob. Congrats on the finished products looks and sounds good. The use of sand was very creative, keep um coming.

I would, if I had 800 bucks. Don't even think of lowering the price for that little number bob! it sounds gorgeous! The use of the sand blew me away. I have always been facinated by Koi fish and this is just awesome! I love the side sound hole too. The sound is nice and warm and mellow with a hint of brightness. I love it. Once I get a job, get some cash, I will be looking for you, to make me a custom brah! Your ukes just keep getting better and better!

regards,
an awestruck nikolo

wouldnt it be mean to have all the white pieces of the koi as a pearl inlay

Wow, looks amazing.. Too bad I dont 800$ ATM... Do you do custom orders? I would love for you to do a custom for me when I get a bit more money.

What a beautiful ukulele, Bob. You do really nice work. I hope it finds a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom