as anyone tried this microphone

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm in the market to start looking at a basic recording setup. I saw this one on the FMM site for a good price so am asking your opinions. I have an Imac so should work. Thoughts?

Logic/Garageband Compatible, Samson G Track USB Studio Condenser Mic with Audio Interface

Last edited:
I love my blue Yeti. Has a lot of the same stuff. I would get the pro version next time since it also has an XLR.
Sorry, not answer the question

I'm in the market to start looking at a basic recording setup. I saw this one on the FMM site for a good price so am asking your opinions. I have an Imac so should work. Thoughts?

Logic/Garageband Compatible, Samson G Track USB Studio Condenser Mic with Audio Interface

I don't know that mic, but I currently have use two different mics. I have a vocal booth in my home where I use an AT 2020 mic which works well for my voiceover work. Since it's a tiny booth, I have to adjust to get voice and uke, but it works well as an usb mic. I can hook up to my imac or my ipad. I also like my Zoom H4 recorder. I used to use it as my booth mic since it does have two condensor mics, but found it to be difficult to use with my ipad. It's great for recording on site or outside the booth.

I love my blue Yeti. Has a lot of the same stuff. I would get the pro version next time since it also has an XLR.
Sorry, not answer the question

I've been reading up a bit and a few of the reviews stated they had a lot of static with the Samson G and Macs. So may go with a Pro Yeti as the the reviews are good. Then there's the inteface ones..... decisions on new stuff I don't know about are well agrivating bau an opprotunity to learn.

At 60.00 for the Samson G is inticing.

Thanks guys, I ended up going with the Yeti Pro mainly for the XLR and usb. Course won't be able to try it til Xmas as the wife says it'll be her gift to me. I've got a good wife; now just have to talk to her about that Moore Bettah I'm planning on in the near future.....

I'm using a Snowball, but for recording, I'd go with a Yeti setup The condenser technology in the Blue's is unique. The Snowball is excellent for voice recording and has a switch to filter background noise, but I consider it more of a vocal mic than the Yeti.

I use a Samson G-Track (on a PC until I get an iPad), and have no problems with it. I don't have the technical competence to review it, but it's easy to use, and the sound recorded is good. Look at my later youtube videos for an idea of how it sounds.

YouTube search the Samson Meteor mic. Sixty clams, USB, much more portable than the others mentioned here, and sounds lovely. Many reviews and demos on YouTube. Cheers.

Top Bottom