Collings UC2 vintage white mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie Dribble

<<SOLD>>

near new condition. lightly played. without blemish save for some very light strum marks impossible to photograph. probably the nicest sounding and easiest playing uke I've ever owned. cost over $2000 in May 2012. typically mahogany tones, warm but punchy. featherlight. very rare model. selling to pay bills. This uke was a gift, however I'm done with expensive ukes as I can never afford to keep them. write-up here.

specs

* mahogany top, back, sides and neck
* radiused rosewood fingerboard and rosewood bridge
* tortoise body binding, top & bottom
* rosewood headplate
* bone nut and saddle
* geared 4:1 ratio peghed tuners
* 12 frets to body, 18 total
* vintage white, high gloss finish
* worth fluorocarbon strings

sounds

Everybody Wants To Be A Cat
I Wonder Where My Baby Is Tonight
I Found A Million Dollar Baby (In A Five And Ten Cent Store)

pics

092.jpg088.jpg096.jpg089.jpg095.jpg

price

$1600 plus shipping. paypal only please. please PM or post here with any questions or for more pics etc. Thanks for looking folks.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to try a Collings, and that's such a unique one. But I have no $$. Best of luck with your sale!

That's a stunner for sure, Jon. If I was looking to get a new concert..........:drool:

I thought the mystery man would be all over this:) Good luck with the sale. I admire the pairing down. I have cheaper ukes and I would love to cash them in on one really nice one.

oh, my.

i really want this, but do not have the cash, and have a custom concert being built right now. if eithter of those was not the case, i would be all. over. this.

good luck, jon. man, o man. the mojo alone is worth the asking price.

Wow!

Just....wow! (faints onto wood floor, cracks back of head, eyes roll into skull, wife calls the medics).

Gosh Jon, I remember the story of how you received this uke and it breaks my heart for you that you have to sell it. I truly hope that your financial conditions improve. You don't deserve to be going through this.

Gosh Jon, I remember the story of how you received this uke and it breaks my heart for you that you have to sell it. I truly hope that your financial conditions improve. You don't deserve to be going through this.
yeah Scott, it was a beautiful thing mum and dad did for me. they are fine about it...no sob story but we've had two big changes in the household in the last couple of months...our daughter has moved from home schooling out into the wider world for high school and we're trying to send her to the best one we can afford. also, health allowing I'm returning to study next February...so neither of these things are cheap and if I can sell these three ukes then it'll go a long way to covering these costs in 2013.

anyway folks, to return to regular programming, this really is a wonderful instrument...a pocket sized jazz box with a gorgeous, smooth and warm voice. Hopefully there's someone out there with the funds and inclination to buy it.

yeah Scott, it was a beautiful thing mum and dad did for me. they are fine about it...no sob story but we've had two big changes in the household in the last couple of months...our daughter has moved from home schooling out into the wider world for high school and we're trying to send her to the best one we can afford. also, health allowing I'm returning to study next February...so neither of these things are cheap and if I can sell these three ukes then it'll go a long way to covering these costs in 2013.

anyway folks, to return to regular programming, this really is a wonderful instrument...a pocket sized jazz box with a gorgeous, smooth and warm voice. Hopefully there's someone out there with the funds and inclination to buy it.

Now let me sob just a little bit. You know, because I can't afford to buy it. Good luck with the sale.

Aloha Bruddah Jon,
I know this uke is dear to your heart as it was a gift from mum and dad....I am saddened you are letting go of all ones, this one go....wow that is an awesome price...
for an awesome uke....don't even know what to say on this..this too much for me to take in.....hope things get better and you get the uke of your dreams and no regrets...

Last edited:
To all those who have expressed interest, thankyou...

price drop: 1600 and I will pay shipping/insurance.

This uke will cost me around 120 dollars to ship and insure overseas. I can't really do a better deal than this sorry. Thanks again all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom