"Esk Market Rag"

H

Hippie Dribble

hey gang, this is a lil' ragtime melody I cooked up yesterday morning during a lull in flower sales. It's pretty rough but I hope y'all like it. I played it on my Tiwi cherry concert uke, thanks for watching folks! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsz2qEIfV_k

Last edited:
Lively melody to start the day.... BUT.... Sorry to say that, at times during it, I think you are unconsciously channelling "The Dark Town Strutters' Ball" :rolleyes:

Now, go listen to my "In Search of Fire" track again and tell me what I am "unconsciously channelling" - because I can't help but feel that melody reminds me of some song that I can't put my foot on. ;)

Lively melody to start the day.... BUT.... Sorry to say that, at times during it, I think you are unconsciously channelling "The Dark Town Strutters' Ball" :rolleyes:

Now, go listen to my "In Search of Fire" track again and tell me what I am "unconsciously channelling" - because I can't help but feel that melody reminds me of some song that I can't put my foot on.
hhaaaa Berni, good call. Clearly you are a man of insight and in possesion of a keen pair of ears mate....EVERY song I play sounds like "The Darktown Strutters Ball". :p
:deadhorse:
Now, off to have a listen to your Fire song... :)

This is nice! And remember; good artists copy - great artists STEAL. Or something like that...; some famous dude said it.

yep, the first four bars are just like one of your melodies too doc...can't remember which one but it's one of your baritone tunes. Original I aint. That reminds me...I really need to learn how to play in a key other than F at some point in the future too :eek:

yep, the first four bars are just like one of your melodies too doc...can't remember which one but it's one of your baritone tunes. Original I aint. That reminds me...I really need to learn how to play in a key other than F at some point in the future too :eek:
As far as I'm concerned; F is a wonderful key! On ukulele and piano alike!

Top Bottom