How to secure pickup wires?

finkdaddy

Reaction score
I'm putting an under-saddle pickup in a tenor uke and I was wondering what the best way is to secure the wires on the inside of the uke would be.
Do you want it fastened to the inside of the top, and if so, what do you use to secure it?
Thanks!

~Fred

When I installed pickups in my two ukes, I basically rolled the excess cable up into a 1-1.5" loop and held together with a small zip-tie with as little slack as possible to prevent the cable from touching the sides. So far it's worked for me.

With preamp- Straight to the side, (use self adhesive wire clips included with pickup) then straight to the output jack.

Without preamp- straight to output jack

As already said, have no slack in wire- Bundle/loop or cut (not to short though).

Don't attach any wires to top.

Pics show two different ways to do it depending on pickup style-
1-straight to jack is K&K and preamp-less pickups.
2- with pre amp.

ps- these are pics of guitars so wire need not travel so far as shown here,

k&k.jpgpreamp.jpg

Last edited:
When I installed pickups in my two ukes, I basically rolled the excess cable up into a 1-1.5" loop and held together with a small zip-tie with as little slack as possible to prevent the cable from touching the sides. So far it's worked for me.

Agreed. When done properly, the wires are is suspension, touching nothing.

Attachments

• misi 2..jpg
    misi 2..jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 38
Yes, they get fed back into the top. The pickup has an area that is inactive right at the tip and this ensures that the active area is under the saddle where it belongs.

Top Bottom