New Uke Daze & Friction Style Gears

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Officially took my Romero CBU home. Way nicer than I had anticipated. French polish, refined from the prototype and the best tone on a cbu I have ever played (not like I've played all that many). I couldn't put it down yesterday. It's a sound I love.
Just gotta remember to listen to my wife while I play... answer appropriately....otherwise she says she feels ignored. ?
my_cbu_1.jpg

my_cbu_2.jpg

Kind of unrelated but some of the new Pepe's had the not yet released Gotoh Planetariums ..I think that is what they're called, but they are AWESOME!!! When they are released next year these will be an optional upgrade on all of the Kamaka, KoAloha, Kiwaya and other listing on our website. In the picture is a white regular friction peg and the black is the new gotoh friction style 4:1 geared tuner. Retro fits very easily. Just a few swipes of a reamer
friction_or_gear.jpg

I won't be back for a while (setups await) but wanted to share..aloha~

Looks nice, and will make a good place to keep your stogies when not playing it. ;)

Very cool. From the videos of these PR-CBUs, they sound wonderful.
Thanks for the pics.

Very nice Andrew..i got to play CJ's #1 cigar last week..we are in the same uke class in San Jose..i really liked the way it sounded for strumming..i think yours looks a little darker than his..is it made of the same wood??

also why are the Gotoh planetary tuners offset?? the dark ones look nice...

Last edited:
Is it bad that I want to flirt with that ukulele? What a beauty :)

Those tuners are really classy, they look really smart I think- I have a girly question, do they come in other colours?

Nice CBU! Welcome to the Pepe CBU family!

I was at Ukulele Source today and they have a Pepe Spruce/Rosewood with those Gotoh Planetarium tuners. They are like Pegheds, but feel higher quality. I wish Peheds came in real wood as the plastic distracts from their great utility.

Put the uke down and set-up everyone's Christmas ukes! :) You're shorthanded, anyway :( Still wishing MGM the best!

Nice CBU! Welcome to the Pepe CBU family!

I was at Ukulele Source today and they have a Pepe Spruce/Rosewood with those Gotoh Planetarium tuners. They are like Pegheds, but feel higher quality. I wish Peheds came in real wood as the plastic distracts from their great utility.

Put the uke down and set-up everyone's Christmas ukes! :) You're shorthanded, anyway :( Still wishing MGM the best!

Hey CJ..you can get pegheds with ebony or boxwood buttons..they even said if you send the wood to them they can carve out the buttons for you?

Top Bottom