New Ukulele for XMAS

rubber necker

Reaction score
Want to buy a new ukulele for XMAS present 2000.00 to 2500.00 please help

In that price range, anything you buy should be just fine as long it is from a reputable manufacturer or luthier. Pick what you like.........

It all depends on how long you can wait. If you dont want to wait long i would get a kanilea or kamala but if you can wait I personally would go with a DaSilva or a myamoe.

Need a LOT more information.

What size? What kind of playing? For you or someone else? Any ideas about how you want it to sound?

If you have that much to spend you'd be best served to find a luthier you can work with and commission a custom - but you're not going to get that by Christmas!

What currency? Surprised no one else has asked.

Want to adopt me? :)

Yes, more information would be helpful...besides size, sound, tone etc...are you looking for a traditional Ukulele? Modern? What style? Wood Combo? How long are you willing to wait for a uke? With that kind of money you have endless possibilities.....

I'd get two, one for myself and one for the other person (if it's gift for someone else)... hehehe. one of which would be the #128 on here :drool:

Collings or Compass Rose or a Moore Bettah
Those would be my choices but I only play what I have built other then the Fluke I keep in my truck

Visited your Facebook, I say, your uke looks beautiful. The tone is pretty good too. There is no reason why should you look else where ^^

Last edited:
Best is qualitative --- it depends on what type of sound - what type of music you will be playing
and what sounds best to you. What one thinks is best another may not be impressed with at all.
It has to be the one that really moves you. It has to be the one you *connect* with. You may
find that if you are doing many types of music then there might be a few different ukes that
will move you.

I hear that Mya Moe ukuleles are the best?

See, here's the problem. Once you get up to the level of the Hawaiian factory ukes, or ukes built in such a way that someone gave a damn about build quality, tone, intonation, playability, made to last, etc., etc.,... THERE REALLY IS NO BEST.

Once you're past that level, it's just what's best _for you_. It's about the very specific tonal requirements, feel, looks... that's what custom gives you - exactly what YOU want.

It's not about throwing a ton of money to say you have "the best" because you won't. You'll have the best ....for you.

There is no best. They're all at a very high level at this price point, so it's all about your preferences. Mya Moe is very good. It's not better than X, Y, or Z at this price.... unless that's what YOU want.

See, here's the problem. Once you get up to the level of the Hawaiian factory ukes, or ukes built in such a way that someone gave a damn about build quality, tone, intonation, playability, made to last, etc., etc.,... THERE REALLY IS NO BEST.

Once you're past that level, it's just what's best _for you_. It's about the very specific tonal requirements, feel, looks... that's what custom gives you - exactly what YOU want.

It's not about throwing a ton of money to say you have "the best" because you won't. You'll have the best ....for you.

There is no best. They're all at a very high level at this price point, so it's all about your preferences. Mya Moe is very good. It's not better than X, Y, or Z at this price.... unless that's what YOU want.

Thank you for the information

i am buying a new ukulele for my 30 year old son he is a pretty good player and is friends with Kamaka ukulele co.

he has 4 Kamaka ukuleles and 1 Schoenenbrand ukulele from Hawaii we live in Las Vegas, so i am not buying for me. everyone i talk to say Myamoe the best

Last edited:
Top Bottom