The Daily Uke has moved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybug

Reaction score
Hey everyone :D

Just a quick post to say that the DU2 posts are now in the "Videos and Links" section and will be posted there from now on.

Today's can be found here

Enjoy!

Thanks, I was just looking for it!

Bumping again since no one goes to the forum where they moved the DU. And starting Monday or so, there's better audio. :)
Technically, because the focus of Joey's daily posts revolve around a ukulele video clip, it really does belong on the Videos And Links board.

Actually, the number of views of these threads has actually increased as a result.

Keep up the awesomeness Joey, many of us look forward to what you have in store for us each day!!! Blessings mate.

hey joey

just a quick note to say i am one of the many that admire your dedication to the D.U.

keep up the good work and dont worry..... we will find ya..

happy holidays

eor

On the way to Videos~ wish it were still here!

Technically, because the focus of Joey's daily posts revolve around a ukulele video clip, it really does belong on the Videos And Links board.

Actually, the number of views of these threads has actually increased as a result.

Keep up the awesomeness Joey, many of us look forward to what you have in store for us each day!!! Blessings mate.

I think what may have confused/bothered people is that this was equally true of all of Joey's DU videos from the first book, but they all got posted on the Uke Talk board and apparently nobody thought of moving any of them. As a result, whatever the merits of putting these posts in the video board, moving the new posts to that board looked like an unexplained (until now) change in policy.

I think what may have confused/bothered people is that this was equally true of all of Joey's DU videos from the first book, but they all got posted on the Uke Talk board and apparently nobody thought of moving any of them. As a result, whatever the merits of putting these posts in the video board, moving the new posts to that board looked like an unexplained (until now) change in policy.

If someone else posted a video in uke talk and subsequently a mod moved it to Videos and Link, it wouldn't cause anyone to even blink. I understand what has happened in the past and also that Joey is a great contributor to UU but the mods are trying to be consistent. As many have said, Joey will still have her following.

On a sidenote, It's a tough situation with New Uke Day. Many times, there will be a review of the uke and should it be posted in Ukulele Reviews or Uke Talk? People will want to post in Uke Talk because it get astronomically more exposure and as a proud owner of the uke, you like to hear good things about it as it builds more excitement of the new purchase. Mods are doing a great job!

Mark, I wasn't across the original decision to move these threads, but I agree with it. These are video clips and taken wholly, they are Joey's video diary. It is really about trying to move forward with a measure of equanimity, where video focused threads are all at home on the Vids board, and Uke Talk is, well, Uke Talk.

As I mentioned, I have noticed a marked increase in both responses and views since the move. The yootoob junkies, myself included, spend a lot of time there and are watching the DU posts with more frequency than has been the case up to this point. It's a win-win situation in my opinion.

I have PMed Joey to explain the reasoning behind the change. Please, yourself, Kim and Joey are all at liberty to message me if you want to chat about it further.

Mark, I wasn't across the original decision to move these threads, but I agree with it. These are video clips and taken wholly, they are Joey's video diary. It is really about trying to move forward with a measure of equanimity, where video focused threads are all at home on the Vids board, and Uke Talk is, well, Uke Talk.

As I mentioned, I have noticed a marked increase in both responses and views since the move. The yootoob junkies, myself included, spend a lot of time there and are watching the DU posts with more frequency than has been the case up to this point. It's a win-win situation in my opinion.

I have PMed Joey to explain the reasoning behind the change. Please, yourself, Kim and Joey are all at liberty to message me if you want to chat about it further.

Jon,
Thanks for the thoughtful post. I don't disagree with DU posts being moved to the Video board, and I do agree with you and other mods that DU posts are essentially video posts. (I do understand, however, the temptation to post whatever in the Uke Talk board because it appears to have lots more traffic than the other boards.) I posted in this thread mostly because I was just trying to understand why some people reacted to the treatment of Joey's recent DU posts the way they did. I think you mods do a great job trying to direct threads to the most appropriate boards for them, and my post wasn't intended to be a criticism of either the mods or the decision to put the DU posts on the Videos board. It was merely an observation that some people may have viewed the decision to move recent DU posts as some sort of change in policy or a change in the implementation of existing policy given the history of DU threads. I think the DU threads have a strong fan base that will follow those posts to wherever.

No worries Mark, understood where you're coming from. You're one of the more considerate folks in this community mate. I think people will quickly get used to the new location, and quite likely, Joey's threads will tap into a wider viewer base as a consequence. It's all good brother. Cheers!

Yes, but she sent PMs to some of the mods, and not one... Not one bothered to reply to her. It's kinda treating her as just some faceless unknown forum member IMO. Someone could have answered her to clarify. That's where my beef is. Not that it was moved, but how she was ignored when she asked. She won't say anything here because she's too nice, but I get guardy when I see my friends treated badly. Not answering her was bad form.

To sum up for post-skimmers, not angry it was moved, just angry they couldn't respond to legit PMs about it from the OP.

Last edited:
Sometimes responses aren't immediate Kim for many reasons. Joey has now been responded to and had the move clearly explained. Closing this thread now as we're only treading water...

Yes, but she sent PMs to some of the mods, and not one... Not one bothered to reply to her. It's kinda treating her as just some faceless unknown forum member IMO. Someone could have answered her to clarify. That's where my beef is. Not that it was moved, but how she was ignored when she asked. She won't say anything here because she's too nice, but I get guardy when I see my friends treated badly. Not answering her was bad form.

To sum up for post-skimmers, not angry it was moved, just angry they couldn't respond to legit PMs about it from the OP.

No PM was sent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom