DeMont Strings

UkuleleThreads

Reaction score
They seem to come in one size for soprano, concert and tenor ukuleles... never seen that before. What size do you use them on? They're nicely priced.

Please write a review and some sound samples would also be great.

Threads - are you connected with the brand?

I only ask (and please don't take offence) as virtually every Facebook uke group I'm in has been spammed with a very similar sounding message and link.

If you have a connection to the brand it might be worth mentioning it to the group.

If not, then excuse me for getting it wrong!

Threads - are you connected with the brand?

I only ask (and please don't take offence) as virtually every Facebook uke group I'm in has been spammed with a very similar sounding message and link.

If you have a connection to the brand it might be worth mentioning it to the group.

If not, then excuse me for getting it wrong!

Except the link to Youtube and ebay, none of the other links on the website is working.
I noticed all the Youtube videos are uploaded about one year, or less, ago.
The link to ebay need re-coding.

All these suggest either the owner(s) of the website does not care, or they just launched the web site recently. I think the later is more likely reason.

Plus, judging from the additional information you buzmaz, I believe they are a few new young businessmen who just ventured into the music instrument industry about a year ago. They are using the social tools online now to advertise their presence.

If any of the DeMont members reading this, I like to take this opportunity to wish you all the success in your new business and wish you great Christmas and New Year :)

EDIT: I still like to hear the sound sample of the uke strings. I hope the DeMont crews will post one soon.

I only have the strings and love them, I will work on the sample. As a business owner myself, I feel that if a product is good, that I should pass it along, as I would hope anyone that enjoys my products would. As for the website, I don't know what to tell you guys other than that's where I ordered the strings, and I got there from demontguitars.com when a friend suggested I try the uke strings. I will also try to contact the DeMont people when I have my string sample, maybe they will use it.

thanks!

Luckily DeMont Guitars uses Google Alerts and just got a notification in my inbox that someone was talking about us! Just spent some time signing up for an account so I could reply to this, and hope you guys dont mind.

thank you for the kind words!
I am at a loss for why the site was not working cahaya, and sincerely apologize. We can't seem to find any issue with it on our end, although its about time for a total over-haul online.
We've actually been around nearly 5 years now -- of course that doesn't make us any competition to the likes of Gibson and Fender, but it's sure fun! We have a small shop retail outlet in yorkville IL, and build guitars out of Oswego & Aurora, IL Feel free to look up both the business location and group on Facebook :)

I actually play Baritone ukulele myself (I know that some may not consider that a TRUE ukulele) But for DeMont I do many custom and brand items for guitars, I had noticed a lack of attention to ukuleles and started working on a line of pickups and preamps specifically for them. Those should be out this next year and I'd be very happy to post about them when they are available. In the mean time I started to have ukulele strings manufactured.

Our ukulele line of products is really in its infancy, but we are glad it's getting noticed at least a little bit!

Cahaya - I would be happy to send you a set for free you would inbox me your shipping info.

UkuleleThreads - would love to work with you in the future, please send a message!

thanks for the well wishes, and any input is always greatly appreciated! It would be great to get more into the ukulele market with products to better serve the player!

E Komo Mai to da Underground and glad to have you here as a member. Lookin forward to your future postings and insights. Definitely gonna have to try your string sets. Any plans for 6/8 string sets? Again Welcome!

highthe view

E Komo Mai to da Underground and glad to have you here as a member. Lookin forward to your future postings and insights. Definitely gonna have to try your string sets. Any plans for 6/8 string sets? Again Welcome!

I hadnt had any particular though for 6 or 8 string, but I will look into it for sure! I really look forward to getting the pickups and pre amps going. Perhaps I can ask questions here about what might work best for you, and get some feedback.

Welcome DeMont. I'm always looking for a new string to try so will looking at yours next time. We do look at baritones as a true uklulele; it's the guitar players who brought up the myth that we don't lol. I think many of them are just closet uke players and tell their friends it's a baby tenor guitar.

Welcome as well. The more options out there the better. (Then again, maybe not - it's hard enough to decide between brands as it is!) I'm interested in trying a tenor set, but there doesn't seem to be any information regarding tension, thickness, etc. A sound sample would be great.

Please do check out the FYI - Uke Strings thread. As far as pick ups, the members here like MiSi Acoustic Trio, LR Baggs Five-O, D-tar and KK.

And some of us are quite enamored of the JJ Electronics soundboard pickups... :) (I personally have MiSi pickups in two tenors but have put JJ pickups in all of my other ukes and really prefer them as more natural-sounding.)

John

though hochine

And that is actually a great idea! I asked UkuleleThreads if he'd do a video demo and he sounds up for it, so hopefully soon we will have something.

the gauges are as follows:
24-30-36-2

Welcome as well. The more options out there the better. (Then again, maybe not - it's hard enough to decide between brands as it is!) I'm interested in trying a tenor set, but there doesn't seem to be any information regarding tension, thickness, etc. A sound sample would be great.

thanks so much for the input! The pickups I prototyped out are the piezo soundboard pickups, and depending on where they are placed I really seem to like those. We use them also on banjo and mandolin.
We might start working with some under-the-saddle style piezo pickups as well for ukulele. Does anyone have an opinion on those? I'd be very glad and honored to cater to the needs of the players here, and very appreciative of the input, as local ukulele players are not prevalent here at the moment.

And some of us are quite enamored of the JJ Electronics soundboard pickups... :) (I personally have MiSi pickups in two tenors but have put JJ pickups in all of my other ukes and really prefer them as more natural-sounding.)

John

thanks so much for the input! The pickups I prototyped out are the piezo soundboard pickups, and depending on where they are placed I really seem to like those. We use them also on banjo and mandolin.
We might start working with some under-the-saddle style piezo pickups as well for ukulele. Does anyone have an opinion on those? I'd be very glad and honored to cater to the needs of the players here, and very appreciative of the input, as local ukulele players are not prevalent here at the moment.

I'm not a big fan of any of the under-saddle transducers (but I know many people who are). They do have their place. If I was playing with a loud band where I needed a more electric sound with a lot of compression and sustain I'd definitely take one of my MiSi equipped tenors. For anything else I really prefer the less compressed, more open, sound of the under soundboard pickups.

I've got a fair ear for tone and I have trouble telling the difference between a track recorded using a JJ-electronics soundboard transducer direct to digital and a Shure 58 or Shure 57 microphone direct to digital - even when they are recorded as left/right simultaneously. (Recording using a good condensor microphone is another story - that will show the relative weakness of a soundboard pickup vs. a really suitable mic...)

Just my $0.02.

John

Top Bottom