Uke groups near Walnut Creek, CA?

electrauke

Reaction score
I bet there are a ton, but are there any with UU members?

I bet there are a ton, but are there any with UU members?

Try sending a message to MDS725 on UU he lives in the City and seems to know alot about uke clubs in the area

Hey Electrauke, I am just up the road in San Ramon. There are some events....you will get a flood of responses about the Berkeley Ukulele Club, but in general there isn't a lot I have found on this side of the tunnel. I know there is a play along at a senior center in Concord, but I have never been. What I heard is it is pretty basic, but that is not from personal experience.

I'd love to start something in this area.....send me a PM and maybe we can meet up sometime and figure something out.

I don't know of anything out in Walnut Creek. There's a large Hawaiian community in the East Bay, I believe centered around Hayward and Newark, and you may get some information by connecting with, for example, the organizers of the Ukulele Festival of Northern California, which takes place in Hayward in April. The events I've attended in the East Bay have been the Berkeley Ukulele Club, which meets at Mike DaSilva's studio in Berkeley, and a Kanikapila on the fourth Saturday evening of each month in Alameda. Neither of these is really close to Walnut Creek, but they're at least in the East Bay. I'd also suggest going to or calling Music Works in El Cerrito and asking the owner, Pudgy, if he knows of anything out in Walnut Creek and to see if anyone's left any ukulele-based leaflets at the shop.

I believe there's a kanikapila at the Cue in downtown Concord the third Sunday of every month. Check the Cue's website for the details.

Top Bottom