SNOW! What are your favourite snow-related songs?

Lalz

Reaction score
So finally yesterday we got to join the rest of the continent and enter winter with some proper snow fall! Hurray!! I'm so psyched :) Best day of 2012!!

Which brought me to think about snow-related songs/videos. What are you favourite ones? Extra brownie points if they feature a ukulele or can easily be played on one :)

Here are mine (sorry, not in English):

Lau Nau - Painovoimaa Valoa

Laleh & The London Symphony Orchestra - Snö

JJ Cale, here's a nice tutorial:

not about snow, but revolves around the image of skating away on a frozen river...... one of my favorite songs..... it's easy to play on the uke - I worked out a pretty nice arrangement at one point - but it's impossible for me to attempt singing it when I hear her beautiful voice in my head.....

as long as I've deviated from your snow theme, Lalou, here's my favorite holiday video featuring an ukulele..... an excellent cover of The Pogues classic....

Here is a song that has no words, but still speaks of gentle snow falling. Last night I refused to help my family put up our tree until we got this song playing--that's how much it means to me.

I would love to find uke tabs for this, but it would be so far beyond my noobly skills I can only dream.

My own song in Finnish about snow with ukulele and piano!!! hehe

Kulta, huomenna sataa lunta (Tomorrow It Will Snow, My Love)

Petey

Here is a song that has no words, but still speaks of gentle snow falling. Last night I refused to help my family put up our tree until we got this song playing--that's how much it means to me.

I would love to find uke tabs for this, but it would be so far beyond my noobly skills I can only dream.

oh yeah, that's such a gorgeous one Pootsie, and watching 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' is totally demanded of my family each Christmas eve, before the Carols by Candlelight show...

Such great videos!! You guy are awesome.
Throwing a friendly snow ball at all of you :)
Now I want to go skating, REAL BAD! lol

Oh, here's another one of my favourites: Tricot Machine - Les Peaux de Lièvres

I've got sheet music for it, if that would help.

I like Chicago's "Song of the Evergreens". But the only version on YouTube is one that someone recorded off a very scratchy LP.

How about " Snow business like show business"

Song for a Winter's Night, Gordon Lightfoot,

I play this on a ukulele although I don't have a video up of my cover. Lyrics and chords available online.

Here you go, lyrics and chords,

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-72712.html

He even gives you the intro which I had to work out myself. Don't mind the slash chords, just ignore them. Easiest transition to a ukulele is a baritone with a capo on fret 2 although I usually play baritone position chords on a detuned tenor.

Anthony

Last edited:
Top Bottom