What is the best online ukulele dealer?

mossyoak

Reaction score
:confused:

The standard is ebay with musicguymic. Also, ukulele4u on ebay is good. Elderly music is alright, but totally overpriced. Hawaiimusicsupply.com is good. Also, ukes.com (bounty music) is good.

Check all of these. I have had good luck with all of them. The service at Hawaiimusicsupply is pretty weak though...I think it is one of those things where they get soooo much business that they lose focus of the customers.....

Hope that helps.

on ebay:
Musicguymic
Ukulele4u

musiciansfriend.com

ur best bet is to buy from ebay, epecially from those two seller names, they actually enclose the photos of the uke ur getting and not a stock photo like most other online stores.

The standard is ebay with musicguymic. Also, ukulele4u on ebay is good. Elderly music is alright, but totally overpriced. Hawaiimusicsupply.com is good. Also, ukes.com (bounty music) is good.

Check all of these. I have had good luck with all of them. The service at Hawaiimusicsupply is pretty weak though...I think it is one of those things where they get soooo much business that they lose focus of the customers.....

Hope that helps.

hey i like that hawaiinmuscsupply.com place they carry the brand G-string. I played one up in seattle, it sounds pretty nice. And, I can't find that brand anywhere else online.

on ebay:
Musicguymic
Ukulele4u

musiciansfriend.com

ur best bet is to buy from ebay, epecially from those two seller names, they actually enclose the photos of the uke ur getting and not a stock photo like most other online stores.

Wow....guess we agree on this..haha. I think we wrote this at the same time..ahha

hey i like that hawaiinmuscsupply.com place they carry the brand G-string. I played one up in seattle, it sounds pretty nice. And, I can't find that brand anywhere else online.

Yeh, Andrew the owner is the son of Kitakas (name??) who started Pono and Koolau. He seems overwhelmed whenever I call.. Nice guy though.

Hope that helps.

I recently ordered a Pono from hawaiimusicsupply.com and it took almost a month to come and whenever I tried to call to track my order they were too busy. And when they said they'd call me back they never did. I've heard sooooo many good things about this musicguymic on ebay maybe I should give it a shot.

I recently ordered a Pono from hawaiimusicsupply.com and it took almost a month to come and whenever I tried to call to track my order they were too busy. And when they said they'd call me back they never did. I've heard sooooo many good things about this musicguymic on ebay maybe I should give it a shot.

Yeh....I have had to call twice and ask for them to send me what they said they would send me. They simply "forgot". Who "forgets" these days?? Write it down man......make it happen....this is not rocket science... Sorry, I think you can sense my frustration.

I am still waiting. Hopefully I get what I need so I can play my new uke!:eek:

moss you got that 635.95 pono koa, hows it play and it looked sexy when i saw it on the site. Sucks about that shipping time tho, i hate waiting a week for my items haha. oh yeah musicguymic was also selling this model of pono koa. same price. FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!

Last edited:
So many people on here say they got their ukes from musicguymic on ebay. We tried schedule something to meet him but ironically, he hasn't returned our emails! hahaha.

I've heard nothing but good things about his service though.

musicguymic

I can personally vouch for musicguymic as well. I got my kala from him for $295. Shipping was fast, and exactly as described and shown in the pictures. Included with the Kala was free shipping, hard case, pitchpipe, and a herb ohta dvd.

He quickly followed up with me on my purchase and responded to my emails initially right after my purchase... But I haven't been able to contact him since... :confused:

No matter where you ask, everybody will mention musicguymic on ebay. He sells good ukuleles and sets them up nice as well. Combine that with the free shipping !! Choice!

moss you got that 635.95 pono koa, hows it play and it looked sexy when i saw it on the site. Sucks about that shipping time tho, i hate waiting a week for my items haha. oh yeah musicguymic was also selling this model of pono koa. same price. FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!

I got a mahogany Pono (PT). So far it's great. I will soon be in the market for a koa uke. I don't know if I can deal with shipping a Kamaka or Kanile'a because hawaiimusicsupply.com only put the hard case in a Box and no extra padding. Who know what my pono endured on the way here

musicguymic is a great guy who just loves hooking up people with ukes. His first passion is ukes and buisness comes second. He is a one man operation and not some shop or dealer in the traditional sense. He also has alot of heart and warmth in that classic Hawaiian style so he trys very hard to make all his deals happy ones. He travels all over the world seeing manufacturers and uke shows so you can meet him anytime you get around to it.

If anyone has ever ordered a uke from musicguymic can you tell me how much extra padding or w/e he puts in the box to protect it on its journey?

Top Bottom