PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Twitter?

StrumSmith
12-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Was just wondering if any one here uses Twitter? I use it a lot and would like to find some ukulele players to follow :) And are there any famous uke players I should be following?

I am @smithyk (https://twitter.com/SmithyK) if you are on Twitter and want to follow me. *warning - I swear sometimes!*

Thanks!
Kate

The Big Kahuna
12-06-2012, 02:27 AM
I am @smithyk (https://twitter.com/SmithyK) if you are on Twitter and want to follow me. *warning - I swear sometimes!*

I am @t_b_kahuna on Twitter, and I swear ALL the time.

I am also Niq Scott on Facebook...same warning applies.

bazmaz
12-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Yep - follow me at @bazmaz_ukulele

The Big Kahuna
12-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Any particular Gin ?

StrumSmith
12-06-2012, 02:33 AM
I am @t_b_kahuna on Twitter, and I swear ALL the time.

I am also Niq Scott on Facebook...same warning applies.

I actually swear all the time, I just didn't want people to judge me since I am new :) Am now following you so I look forward to your swearing...

Yep - follow me at @bazmaz_ukulele

Thanks, followed you!

Any particular Gin ?

Any gin is fine with me, although I like Hendricks with cucumber when it's available.

Hms
12-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Any gin is fine with me, although I like Hendricks with cucumber when it's available.

Kahuna, that doesn't count as one of your five a day!

h

bazmaz
12-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I like my Hendricks with cucumber, dry ginger and about a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice - what an incredible drink that is. you will never go gin and tonic again!

Phooto
12-06-2012, 05:04 AM
@Phooto here.

The Big Kahuna
12-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Pink Gin with Angostura is nice occasionally, as is a dash of Elderflower Liqueur or Cordial.

I still prefer my Tanqueray or Plymouth with Britvic Tonic and a slice of lime (all other tonics are inferior IMHO, and tonic is a critical part of the mixing).

StrumSmith
12-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Should I start a new thread about gin?!? :)

Johnny Uke
12-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Hello, I'm @Oozing_Awesome on twitter. Feel free to Follow.

Please Reply to one of my tweets and let me know that you're from UU.

caukulele
12-06-2012, 06:09 AM
ok, you all got me curious...so I finally signed up to see what twitter is all about. I am now @SonomaSong

kvehe
12-06-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm @kvehe.

Bob Bledsoe
12-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm @bobbledsoe

Caddy65
12-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I have an account(?) there, but don't even understand how it works. I don't even see the point in it exactly.
How does it work and is there a point to it?

Captain Simian
12-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Just reactivated mine recently. @CaptSimian68 #itslameihavenocontent

The Big Kahuna
12-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I have an account(?) there, but don't even understand how it works. I don't even see the point in it exactly.

I think the idea is firstly to ridicule "Beliebers", and secondly to try and get a celebrity to retweet/favourite/reply to one of your tweets, or follow you. If any of those happens, you've won Twitter and we can all go home. I won by getting Michael Chiklis to comment favourably on a picture I posted.

Oh yeah, it's also somewhere I can go to swear when UU isn't appropriate.

The Big Kahuna
12-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Should I start a new thread about gin?!? :)

I'd need a completely new sub-forum to do my love of G&T justice.

Plainsong
12-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I think the idea is firstly to ridicule "Beliebers", and secondly to try and get a celebrity to retweet/favourite/reply to one of your tweets, or follow you. If any of those happens, you've won Twitter and we can all go home. I won by getting Michael Chiklis to comment favourably on a picture I posted.

I see your Commish and raise you one Admiral Adama. I was having a horrible day when Edward James Olmos followed me back. He's a follower-backer, but still, saved that email.

Hippie Dribble
12-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I thought twitter was the sound of birds waking up in the morning.

Plainsong
12-06-2012, 08:59 AM
I thought twitter was the sound of birds waking up in the morning.

As long as their chirp is 140 characters or less. :)

I'm @apollostowel BTW.

Caddy65
12-06-2012, 09:23 AM

I don't even know what 'Beliebers' are.
I've never been much for what 'celebrities' do in their private lives, etc.
I just think think of them as regular people who are good at a different job. I've met, talked with (and played music with) quite a few over the years, but never treated them any different than any other people. Never asked for (or cared to have) an autograph, just seems weird to me to put much into having a persons name written on a piece of paper or a picture taken.

What little time I spent on there one day I never could see how to send someone a message and get a reply. Maybe not anything I am interested in using. But then I still don't understand how it works.

philpot
12-06-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm political, religious, and basically everything that steps on toes. If you have a thick skin, feel free to follow me. @PhilliamDane

bazmaz
12-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I like twitter. Lots of fun

OldePhart
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
I am going to set up a twitter account right after I set up my facebook account*.

John

*(One of my most cherished goals is to be the last living human on planet earth without a facebook account.)

Pundabaya
12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Kahuna, that doesn't count as one of your five a day!

h

Depends how much cucumber. If its a pint glass of gin with a whole cucumber...

The Big Kahuna
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM

http://www.thebigkahuna.co.uk/whuh2.jpg

StrumSmith
12-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Thank you everyone, think I have added you all, and thanks to all who have followed me.

Sounds about right.

I don't even know what 'Beliebers' are.
I've never been much for what 'celebrities' do in their private lives, etc.
I just think think of them as regular people who are good at a different job. I've met, talked with (and played music with) quite a few over the years, but never treated them any different than any other people. Never asked for (or cared to have) an autograph, just seems weird to me to put much into having a persons name written on a piece of paper or a picture taken.

What little time I spent on there one day I never could see how to send someone a message and get a reply. Maybe not anything I am interested in using. But then I still don't understand how it works.

Beliebers are fans of Justin Bieber. I don't recommend you listen to his music. Twitter's not for everyone, I use it to chat to friends from my old jobs and find out what's going on in the world, since I don't have a TV.

I am going to set up a twitter account right after I set up my facebook account*.

John

*(One of my most cherished goals is to be the last living human on planet earth without a facebook account.)

One of my best friends also has this goal. She's also very bad at replying to texts and almost never has credit on her phone, so we never know whether she's actually alive or not.

I'd need a completely new sub-forum to do my love of G&T justice.

:)

This is now my plan for Christmas day...

Kate

Hms
12-06-2012, 11:45 PM

John

Me too, No Bookface, no twitter!

Oh, and no cucumber in the G&T.

Does cucumber have any nutritional value?
h

Louis0815
12-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Does cucumber have any nutritional value?
hDepends a bit on the side dishes, I guess. That pint of Gin will add quite a few calories.....

StrumSmith
12-07-2012, 12:53 AM
I thought Gin and Tonic has no calories?!?

Well, that's my life ruined...

Louis0815
12-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Well, at least Gin is somehow made from fruit, so it's calories are good and healthy.... (just like chocolate which is made from beans and thus healthy food as well).

StrumSmith
12-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Well, at least Gin is somehow made from fruit, so it's calories are good and healthy.... (just like chocolate which is made from beans and thus healthy food as well).

Exactly :)

Much like chips are made from potatoes, which are a vegetable, and are therefore one of our 5 a day.

UkuleleHan96
12-07-2012, 03:44 AM
im a ukulele player on Twitter please follow me :) @Hannfood

The Big Kahuna
12-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Cucumber tip #327:

Slice a goodly quantity of cucumber and place in a bowl.
Slice a similar amount of onion, separate the rings and place in bowl with the cucumber.
Cover with pickling vinegar and leave for 2 days.

Use on cheese sandwiches (the pickled cucumber & onion, not the vinegar, dumbass).

Please note:

The above recipe is only valid for use outside the United States, due to the complete lack of decent cheese and bread over there.

tomorrowville
12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm on Twitter - @tomorrowville (http://twitter.com/tomorrowville)
And the band's on there, too - @DiabolMachines (http://twitter.com/DiabolMachines)

drbekken
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Somehow the connection between Twitter and gin/tonic escapes me, but I'm @drbekken. Don't use it much, but still...

Plainsong
12-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Then you don't follow @Queen_UK on twitter then. She's very fond of her gin. :)

StrumSmith
12-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Somehow the connection between Twitter and gin/tonic escapes me, but I'm @drbekken. Don't use it much, but still...

I say that I love g+t in my twitter bio, so that's where that came from.

buddhuu
12-07-2012, 11:58 PM

If you don't get it then you probably don't need it. Like all technology, social networks etc, for some people it would have no benefit, but would add just another time-wasting distraction to life.

I read Twitter more than I tweet. Brevity is not my strong point, so I tend to FB and blog more.

FWIW, Buddhuu on Twitter (https://twitter.com/BuddhUU).

ukeeku
12-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Mostly web stuff but @Ukeeku

VaGoddess
12-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Yep, on Twitter! @VaGoddessFIT I share a lot of fitness tips also!

mendel
12-10-2012, 03:46 AM
I followed you. @MentalMendel