New Uke Day (the infamous Lanikai S-C Spruce Series Concert)

Captain Simian

Reaction score
Post Deleted

Last edited:
Oh what a forum treasure. It gave us a new word for Bump even, and will stand forever as a testament to perseverance. I hope that OP sticks around, and I'm glad the uke is in great shape.

I smile everytime I think about that thread, but I also feel like a jerk.
I wanted to by it but I just could not kill the thread, it was too funny. I am glad someone put him out of his misery.
I wonder how many others would have bought it if it was a normal thread?

What, you beat me to it! :biglaugh:

That thread was indeed a testament to dogged determination!

I'm glad the kid finally got his sale but like Tim I will kind of miss the thread and the (thankfully infrequent) "pussssshhhhhhes" :)

theasiansadness was really a class act - he only bumped the thread about once every two or three weeks or so so it wasn't annoying and became kind of fun. I was even considering starting a betting pool to pick the next date when he'd "pusssshhhhh" the thread.

John

I have a baritone of this same model, and they are decent ukes. the thread was fun, as the I Ching says, "perseverance furthers".

That thread started shortly after I "discovered" both the uke and the UU. I feel an empty hole in my heart. :D

Maybe I need another uke to fill it.

...and thank you, Captain Simian, for starting this thread so we can process our grief.

Looking forward to pictures of it in its new home!

Last edited:
Puuuussssssssshhhhhhhh for some pictures of her in her new home ;-)

congrats Cap'n and to the seller! aaaah, but don't you just miss them old times....

:p

(Chuckling whilst scrolling...)

Puuuuuuuussssshhhh

Sorry had to do it :)

Puuuuussshhh...

(I'm not sorry at all. UU nostalgia gold.)

Top Bottom