Need some help...

Jerseyboy

Reaction score
Hey folks. First post here. Just picked up my first ukulele today, as ive been meaning to for a while. Only other musical experience is harmonica, so this will be my first stringed instrument. Anyhow, it is a Hilo uke, it was 50 bucks. I was wondering if anyone had any instructional vids or good sources. Also if someone could point me out to the search function, because for some reason i cant find it and it would probably teach me lots, plus mean i would be nagging you less. Specifically, i need to learn to tune this, strumming (HUUUUUGE problem) and switching fingers quickly (probably would come with practice). I'm also totaly clueless about notes. For example i have no idea how im supposed to play a C major chord at different notes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

hey thanks for th help guys... shoulda seen that search buton, haha it was right there. And that thread should be ample practice. Thanks again.

figuring out how to tune this thing is just incredibly problematic. Most of the vids I've seen recuire one string to be properly tuned, and I am not sure if any of mine are. I tried using an online tuner, and the notes sound somewhat close, but the chords just sound disgusting... frustrating stuff. I will have to get my musiscian friend to properly tune this for me. Thanks for the help

Invest in a clip on tuner like the pictured below, you won't regret it.
Intelli-Tuner%20IMT500.jpg

The new and improved Pono tuner from MGM is a tuner I recommend as it doesn't buzz when you play like the old ones. MGMs prices are good and shipping excellent.

Sounds good then. Contacted my friend, he has an old one he said he'd give me. Thanks guys

hey thanks, those are some pretty sweet links. I'd love to learn white sandy beach, its a great song. Thanks again

Top Bottom